Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ...removing radio targetting in MP. How ?  (Read 1215 times)

CiA Blaschoiw

...removing radio targetting in MP. How ?
« on: 08 Oct 2002, 01:34:57 »
Hi !

How do I completely remove the ability for a leader in a MP map to assign targets via radio menu ?
I dont want to ungroup the units. Only the radio targetting or radio in general should be disabled. I thought of the
enable radio false command. Could this work ?
I really need a solution for his badly as it becomes more and more popular to use it as a cheat. For example you get shot through bushes and trees with maximum fog. This is a result of the radio targetting cheat.
Anyone can help me out ?

bn880

Re:...removing radio targetting in MP. How ?
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2002, 18:45:16 »
I don't believe it's possible to change that in a mission.  You can try showRadio = false... it worked in your Real War mission for SP.

Make sure the server has Auto Report off, so the Players will have to use the reveal-target key to spot the enemy for the commander to know about.

That's all i can say.

CiA Blaschoiw

« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2002, 16:12:29 »
enable radio false doesnt work cause the target will still be assigned. You wont hear the order or see onscreen message to do so, but the yellow square still shows up. There is a solution for this now:
Quote (RED @ Oct. 08 2002,17:38)
Hmm an idea, you could make a loop with the dotarget command and target an object.

Yes, it could be possible. I would try player doTarget objNull first, as it would correspond to permanent No target being issued from the command menu. From performance point of view I strongly recommend loop to be structured like this:

#loop
~0.001
player doTarget objNull
goto "loop"

It is a bit crude but it would stop the cheating if it worked.  

Yes, it could work. Our fans never cease to surprise me - I did not think there could be a way to get rid of this, but you convinced me otherwise. I think it really could work this way - and it is certainly worth trying.

Edited by Suma on Oct. 09 2002,12:06

--------------
Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

CiA Blaschoiw

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2002, 12:02:56 »
there is a downloadable MP CTF now that has the scripts and triggers onboard that disable radio targeting. Other radio controls still do work.
If you want to download go to our homepage to the download section and doenload CiA CTF 1.3 Pro Ed. It has the anti radio scripts embedded.

http://www.ciahome.net
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2002, 12:04:29 by CiA Balschoiw »