Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC's new boss: Sui !!  (Read 5988 times)

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
OFPEC's new boss: Sui !!
« on: 10 May 2005, 13:16:54 »
Hi all,

Well, as you would have guessed by the title, Sefe and I have now officially stepped down from the OFPEC Leadership and handed the reigns completely over to Sui.  

Sefe and I can no longer maintain the workload required to keep OFPEC flowing along as it has in the past, and instead of becoming silent and letting OFPEC slowly grind to a halt, we decided it was time for another to step up to the plate and get things moving again.

So from this point onwards, Sui is new Lord & Master of the OFPEC Realm. :)

We wish him all the best in his new position and look forward to seeing what a fresh perspective will bring to OFPEC's direction and the community.

Please give me a hand in congratuling Sui on his promotion and good fortunes for his future & OFPEC's!
« Last Edit: 10 May 2005, 13:17:25 by Noon416 »
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Re:OFPEC's new boss: Sui !!
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2005, 13:31:47 »
The King is dead, long live the King!

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2005, 13:51:59 »
LOL... thanks guys, I'll try not to break anything. ;D

It's sad to see you take less of an active role, but such is the nature of a site like this I guess. Thanks for your work over the years, it's been great.

I'll do my utmost to serve this site and the community as well as it's served me. :)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2005, 14:05:12 »
Three cheers for the Noon and Sefe!   May you enjoy your well earned retirement.  :toocool:

Four cheers for Sui!    :D
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Not all is lost.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2005, 14:27:21 »
I get all confused now with the new personal pic's and stuff. Who's who? :P (EDIT: Ooooh, the gold stars match the muppet dog Sui got. ;D)

Anyway, I've already congratted Sui over IM but here goes anyway:

Congrats, ye bugger! :-*

The question everyone is asking now is how long will he last before the stress kills him? One year? A half? Going for the big Wolfsbane record? ;D

J/K with ye, I think you'll do a great job. I just hope it's not going to take even longer time to see The Black Gap in it's final version. :P

And to Sefe and Grandpa, I thank you very much for making OFPEC so great. If it wouldn't be for the generosity of people like you (hey, don't look at me, I'm greedy ;D) I'd shoot myself in a matter of seconds. I hope ye still peak in time to time and slap the youngsters on their back, buy them a drink, get drunk and tell 'em all about "the good ol' OFPEC days before Armsty got here". ;D
« Last Edit: 10 May 2005, 14:28:07 by dmakatra »

Offline wcrvieira

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2005, 14:56:30 »
Hi there!!

Just to say that you two guys done a great job in here ofpec.com and made the best website in the whole Web!!!!  :D

Now its time to hand over the burden and I bet Sui is capable of bare it...
So congrats Sui!!!  ;) ;D :P
and Noon416 and Sefe enjoy your "retirement"...

Again thanks for the marvelous website...

inté
BV

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2005, 19:47:47 »
A new dynasty is born. Sui is the supreme ruler... :-\ :o
j/k
Congrats on your new position. Don't whip us poor laborers too much... :beat:

@Sefe @ Noon416 aka Grandpa: I thank you for all the work you did keeping OFPEC together. You've made OFPEC great. Now enjoy all the pensions and benefits OFPEC provides. :cheers:

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2005, 20:33:05 »
Now enjoy all the pensions and benefits OFPEC provides. :cheers:

Uh I must have missed that (along with the exclusive OFPEC Admin groupies who never turned up as promised). But feel free to raise a pension fund for us...

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2005, 21:48:39 »
Congrats on the promotion Sui! And thanks to Sefe and Noon416 for all the hard work they have put into OFPEC and the OFP community over the years! I hope you guys will come back when OFP2 rolls around.  :-\
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Offline Chris Death

• Former Staff
  • Finally Death's gonna get ya
    • OFPEC
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2005, 23:38:58 »
Sefe & Noon - thanks for all your time and effort to keep
this site up'n' runnin'.

Sui - i'm glad to hear that OFPEC is still in good hands - congrats
from CD

~S~ CD
Dont argue with idiots....they will bring you down to their level and beat you there with experience.

How to use Waypoint type Scripted

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2005, 01:03:05 »
Ha........you can't fool me!!

This has all the hallmarks of a Coup D'Etat.

At least it seems to have been bloodless.

Anyway, good luck to the former boss type guys (Noon and Sefe}, and all hail to our new dictator benevolent leader.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2005, 08:59:01 »
Noony and Sefe,
thanks for all your hard work, keep in touch, and take a well earned break!  :-*

Sui,
congrats mate! I know ofpec will continue to run like a well oiled machine under your care, an excellent choice. I'm sure we all agree :D

Zay  :thumbsup:
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2005, 15:43:10 »
...and a further congratulations to macguba and Artak for their new roles as Global Moderators.

They'll be in charge of keeping you lot happy ;)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2005, 18:05:18 »
Macca for OFPEC Moderator! It's a good day for the very, very secret rebel group. Now, the next objective is to introduce a pink background. But don't tell anyone!

DAMMIT! I NEED TO STOP DOING THAT! ;D

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

EDIT: Ah maen, those stars looks friggn' weird. I'll think I need to create some kind of star filter before I turn mad of all the changes. :P
« Last Edit: 11 May 2005, 18:09:37 by dmakatra »

blackjack

« Reply #15 on: 12 May 2005, 14:27:03 »
thanks for all these years of great service ,sefe and noon. i just wish sui the best quality time here, and help us all in keeping ofp flame alive! (ok now i'm touched...) . catch u guys l8r when ofp2 is out! it wont take much longer we hope!

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
« Reply #16 on: 12 May 2005, 20:04:31 »
yep congrats Sui and happy recruitment why do i keep getting the word recruitment and retirement mixed up i probaly need to retire anyway happy Retirement (right word then) to Sefe and Noon hope to see you back when ofp2 comes out.

And Sui hope you will do the same kind of job with the site than Noon and Sefe did.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2005, 17:49:19 by 456820 »

Offline Fragorl

• Coding Team
  • Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 14 May 2005, 11:35:21 »
I have been browsing the ofpec for a couple of years now, despite being a relative newcomer. I have been constantly reminded of how professional the attitudes of the ofpec staff are, and how the community as a whole works together constructively. It's what led me to eventually join. I'm not too familiar with the backstage workings of ofpec, but from reading others' posts it sounds like Sui will be more than capable of handling ofpec. Despite having large shoes to fill ;D Let me say best of luck, Sui, and thanks for doing us all this incredible favour :)

-Fragorl

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #18 on: 11 Jun 2005, 05:21:06 »
now when it says global admin, is that like president of a company or is there sombody above sui.

. I'm not too familiar with the backstage workings of ofpec

me either, Ive always wondered how they make decisions and stuff, AIM? , MSN IM, ofpec PM's? or some secret staff only board on the forum?

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #19 on: 11 Jun 2005, 06:19:03 »
>Ive always wondered how they make decisions and stuff

from like minded telepathy PenguinMan :D

Actually, no, Sui invites us all to a multiplayer fragfest and we discuss which customer to shoot next, while playing the game.
Just say no to bugz