Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A soldier's wife  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
A soldier's wife
« on: 02 Apr 2005, 02:03:05 »
 ;D

In one of the cutscenes of the original campaign there's a woman. Is it possible to play as her? or do I need to upgrade

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:A soldier's wife
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2005, 02:09:16 »
1.  No

2.  Yes

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2005, 03:36:53 »
I think he means Angelina. In that case... I dunno if Gunslinger's work with 1.0. You could edit the .sqm but, for the 176156th time...

Why won't you upgrade to 1.46? And why are you trying to avoid answering to that question all the time?

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2005, 03:54:35 »
? lol you're so funny.

I never avoid it. If you read the posts I answer every  goddamn time..

And if you're implying piracy, this game can be hacked the living shit out of. There's all types of hacks. If I wanted to upgraded and I had the pirated version, I would be able to with minimum effort.

It's because I've been working on it for a YEAR. And changing ver means OVERHAUL. YOU GET IT? I only said it like 10 000 000 times. And why is it so important to you for me to upgrade? Do you lose sleep at night or something? Should I upgrade just so your life can return to its normal rhythm?

Don't forget to eat your cheerios kid and leave the accusations to when you have no doubt detective
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2005, 03:55:44 by Pr0ph3t »

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 02 Apr 2005, 04:01:23 »
To quote toadlife:

Keep it civilized gentlemen.

And to answer your question, yes we do lose sleep at night.
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #5 on: 02 Apr 2005, 04:06:18 »
Chill down matey. No need to get agressive. I'm sorry if you've told everyone 10000 times, but all the threads in which I have replied to you it seems like you were avoiding to answer me. And yea, it kinda bugs me cause I want to help you but you have to understand that scripting in 1.46 is like talking in a native language to anyone that has learnt 1.96. Scripting in 1.0 is like stuff your mouth full of cotton and then try to talk in a native language. ;)

I've never accused you for piracy, just wanted to get the answer, that's all. And never talked anything about hacking. ???

Upgrading to 1.46 shouldn't hurt your campaign the tiniest bit. It's converting 1.46 -> 1.75+ that's the problem. At least in my experience.

To your original Q. The absolute easiest way to find out this, is to download the DePBO tool at the ed depot, DePBO the 85 campaign, open up the .sqm and find the unit names. Then just copy it to your .sqm file. ;)

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 02 Apr 2005, 04:33:37 »
Yeah that was harsh sorry.. There's no tone on the net so things are misunderstood quickly.

Anyway, I can't put my finger on it but I don't want to upgrade. TRUST ME. It will bring forth many complication.. I will distribute my campaign in a different manner. I'll just use the raw OFP enging with main campaign and editor disabled, this isn't done for profit so whatever. Besides, if there is a legal issue, when its ready I'll transfer it myself if I have to. People will play this game.

again. sorry for the outburst.

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 02 Apr 2005, 04:35:42 »
Tyger: take pills. They make the pain go away. I ain't upgrading any time soon =)

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #8 on: 02 Apr 2005, 04:49:14 »
Jut to let you know, the resistance and regular OFP engines are two different ones. You can still play the regular OFP engine seperate from the resistance, with out an overhaul as you call it :)

And i am taking pills: Tylenol Sinus ;)

"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #9 on: 02 Apr 2005, 05:07:25 »
I think he has made use of some commands that are no longer used in his campaign, for instance:

allowDammage.

However, I don't think his campaign would grind to a halt because of it......then again......maybe.

It wouldn't take much to remove these commands from the missions he has used them in.

Planck

I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 02 Apr 2005, 05:48:12 »
yeah it might.. damn.

A lot of times you get caught in explosions for effect and I allowdammage false it or you die in the explosion.

But again I can just distribute it my way.. It doesn't have to be on a server. I'll transfer it manually to anyone who wants to play

Look, even Bush said its the best campaign ever. You can trust Bush can't you? 8)
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2005, 05:49:02 by Pr0ph3t »

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 02 Apr 2005, 05:49:43 »
I don't get it though. How come you can't play as angelina? She has the same properties as any infantry unit no?

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #12 on: 02 Apr 2005, 06:24:14 »
why would they take allowdammage out it sounds like a highly usefull command,

better then making setdammage loops.

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #13 on: 02 Apr 2005, 14:10:30 »
Actually, here's a way to play as Angelina. make a russian soldier and give the soldier a name (such as angelina). Now save. You need to open up your mission's mission.sqs file now. It is in your username/mission/missionname folder...
E.X.
C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Users\Tyger\missions\mymission\

now find that soldier in the mission.sqm - i suggest using a file search on it's name (i.e. angelina). Then go to the soldier type, something like "SoldierEB" and change that to "Angelina". Save the mission.sqm and reload.

Now it should work. Unfortunatly, if you try to edit the new Angelina in the Mission Editor, it will revert to the soldier and you have to do the process all over again.

Edit: Almost forgot, in the Mission Editor, before you change the unit to Angelina, type this in the init line:
Code: [Select]
this setFace "Face99"
that will make her face that of angelina
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2005, 14:12:01 by Tyger »

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #14 on: 02 Apr 2005, 14:23:42 »
i suggest dePboing the campaign if that doesn't work and opening up ithe mission she is in in the mission editor, then copying her, opening up your mission, and then pasting her.