Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Respawn - Closet Friendly Base  (Read 1147 times)

thebee

Respawn - Closet Friendly Base
« on: 05 Oct 2002, 22:54:19 »
hahah yah i know "NOT ANOTHER RESPAWN POST!"

But this one is a bit different, btw has anyone thought about making a tutorial on here on ever aspect of respawning?

Anyway, I have a map that starts out with two friendly bases and I want to respawn the player to the base closet to where he died. Anyone got a good idea on how to do that?

Mike

Re:Respawn - Closet Friendly Base
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2002, 08:25:02 »
Make triggers above each of your respawn points.. make the radius 400 or so depending on your map, activated by what ever team you are on and make it repeating. Then make your respawn marker if u are using west use respawn_west. Make markers for where u want the other respawn points to be and for now name them Respawn1, Respawn2, Respawn3... Then in the On Activation for each of the triggers on each of your respawn points put:

for the first respawn point (Respawn1)

"respawn_West" SetMarkerPos (GetMarkerPos "Respawn1")

so for (Respawn2) its..

"respawn_West" SetMarkerPos (GetMarkerPos "Respawn2")

and so on..

Now when your player passes through the trigger it will move your spawn point.. Adjust the size of the trigger so they dont overlap and there ya go..
If you want only the one player closest to the respawning point you will have to do something a little different.. setting pos by getting positions of markers and activating when alive.. but only when the trigger is set off.. :O dont have the time for taht now ;)

I hope that made some sense  :hmm: :cheers:
« Last Edit: 14 Oct 2002, 08:28:09 by Mike »

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
Re:Respawn - Closet Friendly Base
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2002, 17:08:15 »
Does this work in multiplayer?  I mean, if Joe walks over to the base on the far east of the island & it sets respawn_west over there...and Tim is over near the base on the airport and it sets respawn_west over there.....won't respawn_west just be pulled all over the map by the 12 or so players running around on it???  I suppose the real question is: is there a way to get clients to move markers & have that move only change on their system?  (Would local really do that?  I thought setPos was automatically updated on everyone's computer?  Does that mean setMarkerPos is too?)

Doolittle