Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Ghost Drop  (Read 7416 times)

Offline sharkyjoe

• Members
  • Have you taken a BMP out at 500 meters??
Re:Ghost Drop
« Reply #15 on: 13 Mar 2005, 06:53:12 »
Good Job--Not bad for just beginning. ;)
Did the Missiom 3 times-it was Fun. 3rd time got to end.
1st time shot right away trying to get closer. 2nd time surround tank town took it out. Died in the Shirka town. 3rd time surround tank town got key postions,one tank had loons in it the rest were all mine empty and to play with -->3 in all.  So now its goto  Shirka town took'em out with my captured  tanks. I skipped the northern  town(why fight when the objectives are pretty much done). Drove the tanks close to chopper jumped out. Loaded the 3 men left, into chooper blew the tanks jumped in chopper... Nothing happened... sat there... Nothing.
Same stuff as above tank town gaurded/patroled better more suff in it. Shirka town good number Loons. Shirkas to close, easy to take out. Maybe make something happen in the northern Town. Like meet a guy that takes you to landing area(hinden objective or marker). And of course see how that darn chopper didnt start up or have the chopper be called in when man shows ya the way.
Over all pretty good. I would down load it for 30-50min sp map game once the buggs are out. Keep it going  :D
Remember the 7 Ps??--- Proper Previous Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #16 on: 15 Mar 2005, 12:52:36 »
Hmmm.

Like evry1 else I loved that parachute drop. Spectacular. And I think like every1 else I forgot to pull the chute :P

Niggle: Hoping I would get shot so i could start another paradrop, but it didn't happen <grin>

Booby traps are great, I do wish though that you'd tie them into mines (eg) ie something visible we could disarm, or at least avoid. Bit of a spoiler just getting blown away for no apparent reason, no apparent logic to where they're planted etc.

I wasn't expecting the four tanks to start up. It became a great satchel mission when they did.

Whole first part was good, you could replay this section 6 different ways (and judging from others comments, they have)

The enemy AI is far too low, they just dont see you, that's dissappointing and quite boring.

The shilkas were 'ok', sort of. Thought it rather pointless having all these ammo crates and trucks liberally scattered everywhere. Part of the 'fun' is to retreat and get what you forgot. The amount of ammo/trucks was silly.

as others have commented, why no HK mags in ammo crate?

By the time i got to town past lipany I was pretty much sick of the mission. The ai was dumbed down to hell, blasting away at soldiers, all remaining in safe mode. (I eventually just ran over the lot of them)

Unlike others, i recieved NO cutsene middle bit, did you take it out on rev3?

Got in chopper, and waited, and waited, and waited...... -endmission

Not worth playing again, unless the AI is turned up something fierce.

Just say no to bugz

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 15 Mar 2005, 14:19:31 »
Am I the only one that was attacked by my own side once I had killed the empty tanks at the start?
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2005, 19:58:16 by THobson »

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #18 on: 16 Mar 2005, 04:05:18 »
Am I the only one that was attacked by my own side once I had killed the empty tacks at the start?

dunno. I got so *excited* by the paradrop, i chuted directly onto them!

Think I may have altered gameplay a tad ;D But I probably got extra brownie points for my skill and daring, so >I< didn't get turned into a civilian.

<slap>

Just say no to bugz

Merc

« Reply #19 on: 30 Apr 2005, 14:57:44 »
Thanks for all the great comments everyone.

I am going to fix up the mission right now.

Merc

« Reply #20 on: 30 Apr 2005, 18:48:55 »
Here is version 4. I FIXED THE CHOPPER PROBLEM!!!!!  :D

I added a picture. More minor tweaks. Took out an ammo dump. Added HK magazines to ammo dump.  ;D

If anyone thinks the mission is to easy after they play this version, the i will turn the mission into one like Kill the Secretary (mikero will know what i'm talking about  ;) )

just kidding...

I will just turn up all the AI's skill to max if anyone thinks it's too easy.

I just remembered something....   >:(

I took a squad out of the mission by mistake.

o well...

Enjoy ver. 4 until ver. 5 comes out later today or tomorrow.

Merc

« Reply #21 on: 30 Apr 2005, 19:17:32 »
sigh...

Here is version 5, out earlier than expected.

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #22 on: 01 May 2005, 08:15:47 »
Smack >:(

always edit your first entry.

OFP 1.96 pristine, bench 5895, no super ai
Readme: none

Intro: none

Overview:

Nicely presented and a TERRIBLE picture. Do this again with sky as background.

Briefing load:

Boring old "get ready". Change it to something interesting.

Briefing:

A bit ordinary but nicely presented.

Notes:

nice

Gear selection.

Black ops require binocs. Always.

Group:

Good but a little ho-hum all being experts, Not necessary and certainly not interesting.

Mission:

intro:

Brilliant, absolute 100% brilliant.

A player will forgive you many sins after this.

Map:

You are confusing your excellent attention to detail providing tents, mash, trucks through the entire journey, and, it is a journey, with map details about arming here, getting there, ammo dumps here here and here, remove some of the ammo dumps, and drop the noise level off the map. A player *enjoys' discovering these items. Not being led by the hand the way you have done.

The mission is FUN with a large capital F. The mission alone is an 8 rating. Easily.

The loons in so far as I could determine (see why below)  were savage. Lovely stuff.

Since I've played before, I decided to 'hell with this' and just raced for the tanks. We took out pretty much all that moved.

Niggle: I dont think it 'correct' that becuase I drop a sentry, the alarm goes off.

Niggle: am not happy about the lack of visual with your booby traps, these should be claymores to give me a chance.

Most of my squad dead by booby traps but #4,5 and myself get in a tank, 5 fdies by booby before he gets there.

Very few crew made it alive. Only one tank twitching. It goes up and I take out remaining empties (2). There's a lone crew trying to get in one, but, hee hee.

I splatter a few roamning loons but basically not interested in them, if they've got laws, i'd whack em.

drive up to capital city and THEN the fun starts. My god this was good stuff. I rarely, if ever, enjoy tanks. But, the chemistry is 'right' here. There's a squillion loons being bloody unpleasant. The buggers are swiping at me, left, then right,  centre, right again, and so-on. I wont tell you the quantity of cheatsaves I used, that, is a beta testers discretion :D

Ultimately I get it right, I stay out of town and circle it. Blapping anyhting in a sideswipe. Eventually get into town outskirts sufficiently to pick off shilkas. Enemy AT and Enemy RPG is BRILLIANT.

At one point an AT got me, before I die, because the tank was destoyed, i get an 'objective' complete. Fell off my chair laughing.

I have no Machine gun left, am down to maybe 7 HEAT, and ignore remaining loons at north of city, other than to swipe anything that has a big bad pokey thing that could cause me damage.

drive up to other twon, sensibly marked as just ? on map (very well done there author)

Luckily smack the buggers as they move west into town centre, sheer b*lls on my part that I got the rpg'ers. Lovely, Lovely stuff, thouroughly enjoyed mysefl here, and THAT IS what mission making is about isn't it?

Swap positions and drive to chopper, 4 is a hopeless navigator, he's wounded, tank is badly scratched and I blow it up after I get 4 on board

chopper gets us out of there, a VERY NICE, NVG visual of mission complete.

Overall.

Others, self included, will and have, rave about that paradrop. But for me, using that tank was the bestest best. You will never, not ever, get me to be a black op in this mission. Not never ever.

A total waste of time providing any ammo boxes anywhere, completely un-necessary, black op, or tanky tank.

An annoying booby that I wish you'd visually fix up.

Briefing is poor. Just doesn't grab you.

Rating.

Oh, definitely 8 and bordering on a 9, tank and pardrop combined, but right now, only a 6 because of the poor bits mentioned and the lack of an intro.
Just say no to bugz

Merc

« Reply #23 on: 02 May 2005, 01:28:09 »
I am going to add an intro in the next version which will hopefully be out this week sometime. I will mark the traps and add some other stuff (like make a new picture for the mission). I didn't mean for everyone to take a tank but since everyone likes to do that, I guess I won't change it. The next version will most likely be the last version unless anyone has any major faults with it.

@everyone who tested this mission and commented on it
Thank you for testing this mission, it is the first one I put effort into and I want it to get a good score  ;D
« Last Edit: 02 May 2005, 01:32:03 by Merc »

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #24 on: 02 May 2005, 02:00:11 »
Actually Merc, I don't like getting in tanks, they're very dull things that almost always cause the ai to go dumb, turkey shoots aren't that interesting. Either that, or your cooked by AT guys, or whacked by too many tanks on the other side or a chopper you can do nothing about. The ofp engine only works 'well' with grunts. All other objects are compromises. Think you will find most players agree with my sentiment.

But, your mission was different. I had initially intended just to use it to blow away the other tanks, knock a few loons off in that village, then go back to black op.

It turned out that the 'chemistry' around the capital city was that magic number. The buildings alleys and roads saved the loons from being turkey shoots, and saved me from being whacked by AT I would never see till too late. So this is a once off, never to repeated, style, for my general game play.
Just say no to bugz

Merc

« Reply #25 on: 05 May 2005, 23:05:30 »
I am currently working on the next version of this mission. The AI will have all max skill :gunman:, some random stuff will appear :tomato:, an easter egg somewhere :hmm:, and a intro and outro :D.

Merc

« Reply #26 on: 06 May 2005, 02:58:16 »
This is probably the last beta "Ghost Drop" mission, unless there is any major fault with the mission. I am going to make the bases more base like for the final one that I submit. Read my last post for what I changed.

Edit: Go to first post to find 6th version
« Last Edit: 06 May 2005, 20:27:21 by Merc »

Offline Mikero

• Former Staff
  • ook?
    • Linux Step by Step
« Reply #27 on: 06 May 2005, 03:26:15 »
Out of principle I wont download this new version until it's on first page first comment. No-one should have to wade through umpty dozen replies to find it.

Gi-yo made a great suggestion that I hoped you implemented in some way, an objective to find a civilian to find the chopper. It's a very clever touch because it gets around the boring, and now attack the 3rd town, you just have to pass thru it to get where your going, or better still the civil is in the town.
Just say no to bugz

Merc

« Reply #28 on: 06 May 2005, 20:28:38 »
@Mikero
Happy now?

I am considering the thing about the civilian in the town.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2005, 20:29:34 by Merc »

Merc

« Reply #29 on: 09 May 2005, 20:38:36 »
I am submiting the final version to the Missions Depot now. Thanks to everyone who tested my mission.

Edit: This mission has been reviewed and is available from the Missions Depot.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2009, 00:13:39 by Walter_E_Kurtz »