Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a music addon  (Read 957 times)

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
a music addon
« on: 22 Feb 2005, 01:30:28 »
could sombody make a music addon. or tell me where one is.

what i want is an addon that does not do anything but just has lots of songs and sounds in it, so when sombody wants a song in there mission they just put the music addon in the addons folder and then call it from a trigger  or wayupoint and then when they want there mission to be on ofpec ----(because normaly u cant fit a mission with a song on it into ofpec w/ only 50kb atach size)----- they just have the mission downloader to get the addon,

thanks in advance

penguin

Dubieman

Re:a music addon
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2005, 01:35:14 »
Can you make music an addon?

And if you did compile a lot of music, depending on the amount, it'd be a VERY large file. Some single songs can add 3mb+ to missions... :P

Though it would a nice idea to keep mission size down. ;)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:a music addon
« Reply #2 on: 22 Feb 2005, 07:23:04 »
Check out the Avon Lady's AMORE project:

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/amore/index.htm

It is exactly what you are talking about. Personally, when I use a song, I customize it a ton (i.e. cut it down to a certain length, add some fadein/fadeout, etc), and the idea of just grabbing some song somebody else chose and putting it into my mission doesn't really fly with me, but that's just my opinion. There is one really great thing about the AMORE idea though, which is, you don't have to download the music to play the mission.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2005, 07:25:28 by General Barron »
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!