Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a very basic question regarding MP missions  (Read 1306 times)

Dagaith

a very basic question regarding MP missions
« on: 13 Jan 2005, 21:32:12 »
Hello,
As I am fairly new to OFP mission editing (especially MP Missions), I am confused.
Well, in Mission Editor I make a Move-Move-Cycle-Move style waypoint for enemy patrol. And I also synchronise a trigger (W detected by East) to the Cycle WP. So, it works nicely in Singleplayer: If I (West) appear to the East field of view and shoot at them then the "patrol team" stops patrolling and moves to the next WP.
But it just doesn't work in MP! I know a bit about those publicvariable thingies but triggers and WP's shouldn't be affected by these.

Any kind of help and explanation about MP missions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Re:a very basic question regarding MP missions
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2005, 23:06:22 »
I am 99.9% sure that your problem has nothing to do with MP/SP-mode. As you say, triggers and WPs runs on all computers. Try to be more specific: When "it doesn't work in MP" - what does the east group do? Continue on their WP-loop?
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2005, 01:25:45 »
Is your trigger a switch trigger?

That might be it. :P

Dagaith

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2005, 10:58:35 »
yes, in fact it is a switch trigger. It doesn't work in MP?
What should I do?

Dagaith

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2005, 13:35:38 »
hm, and two more questions.

1. In my dedicated server, we can't play custom missions. Even if they have no addons. They are listed in mission selection screen but after selecting it nothing happens.

2. In the ded. server, neither of the passwords work (admin/user). In server.cfg everything seems to be ok, but still I can login as admin with any password and no password is required to join the server.

Dagaith

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2005, 18:06:06 »
ah, nevermind :) Figured it out already. Didn't know that mission filenames must be in lowercase letters etc.