Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A well balanced mission where a chopper and a team of SF support each other  (Read 1005 times)

Offline pexmo

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
OK i need ideas and input on how to make a mp coop mish where one player flyes a light attack halo and the other 5 is in a ground infantery team. The deal is that they should be dependant on each other.

ANy input on this i welcome

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
Well, the difficult part seems to be to keep the chopper pilot busy during game play. It wont be very much fun to play the pilot if his objectives can be sumarized as insertion/extraction. You need some sort of objective for the chopper pilot while the grunts are caught in the crossfire at ground level.

A recon assignment, or an extraction of AI-troops that takes place simultaneously as the rest of the mission is one idea. Maybe a distresscall from a AI-team in the middle of the fighting.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
You could have the attack chopper be called in to perform a strike somewhere, with a random possibility of AA presence. When/if the chopper gets downed and the player pilot survives, the infantry group would get a new objective to secure the crash site. A bit of blackhawk down spirit never hurt anyone.  :)
Not all is lost.