Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Name of Scud Rocket?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
Name of Scud Rocket?
« on: 28 Dec 2004, 21:31:16 »
When the scud launches its rocket, does that rocket have a TYPEOF name?  I want to add better smoke and flames, and also to be able to manipulate the missile's velocity (if possible).  But to do so I have to know the rocket's OFP name.

Thanks.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Name of Scud Rocket?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2004, 22:55:16 »
The scud rocket has 2 models:

scud_strela_proxy.p3d
scud_strela_ohen.p3d

They don't appear to have any names that I can see.

They are mentioned in the cfgVehicles part of the config, in the Scud definition as:

scudModel="scud_strela_proxy";
scudModelFire="scud_strela_ohen";

One is also in the cfgNonAIVehicles section thus:

class ProxyScud_Strela_Proxy:ProxyWeapon
      {
      model="Scud_Strela_Proxy";
      simulation="scud";
      };

Which I think will be the static rocket whilst it is on the launcher.  I imagine its OFP name would be "ProxyScud_Strela_Proxy".

I can't see the other model mentioned anywhere else.

Planck
« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2004, 22:58:08 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2004, 23:21:53 »
Thanks, I will give that a try.  I will do both a nearestObject using "ProxyScud_Strela_Proxy" and a createVehicle.  I'm at work now, so I will try it when I get home and post if it is sucessful (for future similar questions).
« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2004, 23:26:15 by Raptorsaurus »

bored_onion

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2004, 23:22:14 »

Code: [Select]
_type = typeof _scud

hint format["Type: %1",_type]

could be of some use if you can capture the scud using nearestobject or something

Offline Platoon Patton

• Members
  • "Barbecue" CreateVehicle getpos LLama
« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2004, 01:33:38 »

If U use General Barrons Editor Update U can find it under EU-Misc:Explosive Scud Missile.

Put
hint format ["%1",typeof this]in the init to find out the Type.
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2004, 01:36:35 by Platoon Patton »
http://www.platoon-clan.com/ We always wellcome dedicated OFP players :)

http://www.european-combat-league.com/index.php To play with us in the best OFP league ;)

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #5 on: 29 Dec 2004, 01:38:13 »
Thanks, so "AAA836" it is!

Offline Platoon Patton

• Members
  • "Barbecue" CreateVehicle getpos LLama
« Reply #6 on: 29 Dec 2004, 01:47:21 »
Well if this missile is the same like the one on the scud yes.

i am not sure about that.

I wonder what the return of EH fired is on a scud?
Will test it tomorrow ;)
http://www.platoon-clan.com/ We always wellcome dedicated OFP players :)

http://www.european-combat-league.com/index.php To play with us in the best OFP league ;)

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2004, 03:27:44 »
"AAA836" does not work with nearestObject [_scud, "AAA836"].  I do not think EA "fired" works with the scud?  Scuds use scudState, but I do not think that they trigger the "fired" EH.  I tried this some time ago, but I will try it again.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #8 on: 29 Dec 2004, 04:04:24 »
I tested the nearestobject at all scudeStates, and none of these work: _mis = NearestObject [_scud, "ProxyScud_Strela_Proxy"] and _mis = NearestObject [_scud, "AAA836"] does not work.  Also, the "fired" EH does not work with the scud.  It is like the firing scud is just a very large animation and the rocket is not even "real".  When one does "AAA836" createVehicle (getPos Player) the rocket that appears will deflect bullets shot at it, but the rocket that is fired from the scud does not!  I even fired an RPG at it and it goes right through!  Its all "smoke and mirrors"!! :)  What is needed is a Scud addon that has a real missile.  The OPR_Scud_B and the Bas_Scud behave the same as the BIS Scud!  They do use a missile for ground impact, but they createVehicle it in the clouds and let it fall on the target.  I want a missile that truely follows a parabolic trajectory from launch to target.  That way one can still get a last minute kill on a scud just as it is launching and prevent the aftermath.  As it is now you can blast a scud as it is launching and the darn "smoke and mirrors" missile is completely unaffected.  OK, sorry, my question has now just become a recrutement request, to that end to the recrutement forum I now go.

bored_onion

« Reply #9 on: 29 Dec 2004, 10:16:13 »
use a fired eventhandler to run a script and then for the nearestobject command you can use '_this select 4' for what fired and 'this select 0' for whatever ammo it did fire so something like:

_vehicle = _this select 0
_scud = _this select 4

nearestobject [_vehicle,_scud]

_type = typeof _scud

hint format["Scud is called: %1",_type]

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #10 on: 29 Dec 2004, 12:17:26 »
fired eventHandler does not work on the Scud launcher...
The launch is an animated sequence, not a weapon fired...

I think BIS implemented it as a prop rather than a 'weapon' so it has no other use than cutscenes and other 'effects' like the in the last couple of missions in the CWC campaign...
Much like the LST is...

@Raptorsaurus:
You could try to find the missile by doing a 'widened' nearestObject search (you need to write a function for this so it's fast enough) by searching around the scud launcher until the right p3d name comes up...

_scud = nearestObject [position scudLauncher select 0,position scudLauncher select 1,position scudLauncher select 2]

And add an offset on those position select blah blahs by using trigonometry or some basic 'x,y' stuff...

And once you find it you can follow it and then when appropriate replace it with your own scud (classed as regular missile) and use guidance code on that and yay, should be a 'real' working scud...

Of course, I give no guarantees this would work :P ::)
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

bored_onion

« Reply #11 on: 29 Dec 2004, 15:33:03 »
maybe just get all the units in a trigger, including a scud and then display the types of all of them.

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #12 on: 30 Dec 2004, 21:15:44 »
I have tried all this and have concluded that there just is no "real" missile at all.  I even hovered a helicopter right over the scud.  The "smoke and mirrors" missile went right through my chopper doing no damage at all!  The "missile apparition" continues to about 1000 ft, so at that point I could setPos the "AA836" rocket (which I would have to "pre accelerate to get it verticle) and then do newtonian physics on that to do a parabolic trajectory to the target area.  The problem with this is that still does not allow for the possibility of destroying the missile for the first 1000 ft after lift off.

I am good at scripting and function writing, but as for addon making I am pretty much clueless, otherwise I would be gald to just make a "Real Missile" Scud addon.  I did post it as an idea in the Addon Ideas forum, but so far no one has shown interest in doing the addon.

bored_onion

« Reply #13 on: 30 Dec 2004, 23:34:27 »
im sure general barron's editor upgrade comes with a whole load of basic munitions which you could play about with. have you tried it?

Offline Raptorsaurus

• Editors Depot Staff
« Reply #14 on: 01 Jan 2005, 01:33:49 »
The problem is not camcreating a munition, (I can do that with no problem) the problem is trying to get hold of an already launched munition (which in this case turns out does not even really exist).  But I have found a work around!! ;D  I have a second scud that lauches a missile far away and well before the scud that concerns me launches (this makes the second scud empty - no missile).  So, just as the scud of interest lauches its missile, I delete it and move the standby scud (which has already launched its missile) into the place where the deleted scud was.  I transfer the crew from the deleted scud to the standby scud and then createVehicle the missile from the BAS_Scud right at the launch location (this missile has allready been vertically pre-accelerated so it is pointing straight up).  I then do my physics magic on the "real" missile, which can be destroyed and can be setVelocity manipulated - I am most happy!! ;D  I found a work arround!!!  It is not as neat as a proper addon would be, but it works!!  When I have all the details worked out I will submit it to the editors depot! ;D