Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Objective Crew Served Weapon (OCSW)  (Read 1164 times)

Chaos_Creator

Objective Crew Served Weapon (OCSW)
« on: 30 Sep 2002, 02:47:55 »
The Objective Crew Served Weapon (OCSW) is an integrated machine gun system which couples the firepower of air bursting munitions with optoelectronic fire control to provide all-environment operation and enhanced lethality. The OCSW is an ultra-light, two-man portable, crew-served weapon system incorporating state-of-the-art electronics, advanced materials, and small arms technologies. This unique weapon permits a high probability of incapacitation and suppression of enemy soldiers up to 2000 meters away and has a high potential to damage lightly armored vehicles, water craft, and slow-moving aircraft beyond 1000 meters. The OCSW is the potential replacement weapon for the 40mm MK19 Grenade Machine Gun and the caliber .50 M2 Machine Gun.

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/ocsw.htm

This is the bad son of a 50 cal and Mk19 mated together. This would be super cool to play with in OFP.

Eviscerator

Re:Objective Crew Served Weapon (OCSW)
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2002, 03:15:26 »
well, you better get making it then :)

Chaos_Creator

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2002, 03:25:26 »
Sh#@, if I had the modeling & coding talent to make this...it would already be done.

Bronski

« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2002, 08:09:37 »
Cool weapon.

Though, in real life, i doubt the troops will easily give up the M2 "Ma Deuce" anytime soon.

If that thing was put into OFP i think it would tear someone a new one.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2002, 08:10:17 by Bronski »

Chaos_Creator

« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2002, 16:23:04 »
No doubt. 50 cal is too prevalent. I'm not sure what the military's plans are for distributing this weapon, but one article I read stated the OICW/OCSW was meant for peacekeeping, since an army would need a healthy supply of spare parts and ammo to make it a credible weapon.

I think this is a doable mod. All we need is a modeler to do the O2, a texture guy to make it look nice, and a coder to do the weapon config.

Any volunteers?