Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: a couple of beginner questions...  (Read 497 times)

mattyk123

a couple of beginner questions...
« on: 11 Dec 2004, 19:40:48 »
I am quite new to mission editing and I have struck 2 problems...

1.When I exported my mission to single missions I played it and everything was double! there were to black ops (player) and loads of russian soldiors and 2 convoys! is there any reason this happened?

2.How can I make my mission end? I want it to end when the whole convoy has been destroyed (3 veihcles)

thanks for any help! ;D

bored_onion

Re:a couple of beginner questions...
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2004, 19:46:50 »
1) im guessing thats nothing really to do with the export function and could have been an accident. it will probably fix if you delete the single mission and then re-export it. if you want to discover the source of the problem you could de-pbo the mission and take a look. sounds weird :o

2) create a trigger with type end1 and put the following in the condition field after removing the "this":
Code: [Select]
!canmove truck1 AND !canmove truck2 AND !canmove truck3the above lines assumes you have labelled each truck "truck1", "truck2" and "truck3". change either the above code or the names of the trucks to suit your needs.

also, you sound like you could benefit from the tutes in the ed depot. hop on over and take a look.

GI-YO

« Reply #2 on: 11 Dec 2004, 19:55:53 »
hello there mattyk123!
I shall try and answer your questions as best as I can.

1)I dont know why this would happen, realy no idea. Somebody else might know....

2)see method above.

GI-YO
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2004, 20:09:53 by GI-YO »

Offline Triggerhappy

• Contributing Member
  • Llama, it's what's for dinner.
« Reply #3 on: 11 Dec 2004, 20:40:04 »
1)i had that problem before, go into the mission editor and delete one of the units, and you'll see why (theres another underneath!) i have no clue why that happened to me though, hasn't happened again
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2004, 20:40:19 by Triggerhappy »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2004, 00:04:55 »
It may be that somehow you have copied and pasted the mission onto itself.    If so, you'll have to go through the whole thing and delete the doubles.

Oh, and

Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2004, 00:05:24 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline OFPfreak

• Members
  • Who is da operation flashpoint freak now, freak?!
    • OFP NFS mod
« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2004, 05:07:58 »
maybe you have pressed the merge button instead of the save button and afterwards used the save button. Merge allows you to open a mission and mix it with your current mission. confusing eh?? dont worry im still a newbie skilled player  :o
ofp nfs REBORN! All new nitro, neon, customized cars, off-road, on-road, rally, bikes, racer models and more!
ofp nfs's homepage