Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Camopaint on any face  (Read 922 times)

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Camopaint on any face
« on: 25 Oct 2004, 22:22:13 »
Wouldnt it be nice to have a unit where you can camo the face without changing the face? Right now the unit that have that feature also changes the face at the same time.

Ex. I use the face of guba and an UKF-unit, after I camoflaged my face IÂ'm not Guba anymore. I look just like the rest of the camoflaged UKF-units (great units btw).
Point: I want to look like a camouflaged guba after I camouflaged the face.

What if... You copy the head of a unit (in O2..) and make that head just i little bigger and take away the facetexture. Then you have an invisible layer just over the "skin" that you can settexture on. If that texture is a transparent camotexture the camopaint get attached onto the face of your choice.

If I had the time I would test it myself but I dont so if someone understand what I mean and have the necessary O2-knowledge, please try it. IÂ'm curious :)

m21man

Re:Camopaint on any face
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2004, 22:35:20 »
You could use PboX to extract some of OFP's faces, alter them in Photoshop, then make your own seperate face addon. CWC faces are in Dta\data.pbo, they all have the prefix xicht so they aren't hard to find (The Ol' Gubinator is xicht_o). Res faces are somewhere in Res\O.pbo\char.

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Camopaint on any face
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2004, 22:47:35 »
Yes I know. But wouldnt it be better if a unit with the option to camo its face would just attach the paint, not a new face?

edit: the face of Guba was just an example.
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2004, 23:05:13 by andersson »