Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: weapon sounds available for weapon modders  (Read 923 times)

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
weapon sounds available for weapon modders
« on: 29 Aug 2004, 01:28:15 »
Hi all,I've been making weapon sounds for my OFP game and have recently posted a beta(no bugs though) version of my sound mod for Res.

http://www.lulu.com/content/69741

I have also changd out Res sounds from the O.pbo cause alot of the weapon sounds there are too weak, they are suonds you would here fomr a distance.I was thinking of making a whole pack available to the comunity to download so that they might be able to use the sounds from it and not from a Counter Strike or Ghost Recon sounds.But its totally up to the modder.Imho some of the sound effcts for the weapons in either CS or GR are far too over processed or Hollywood like, mainly , just too darn loud.Dont get me wrong, GR has the most real sounds as I am familiar with modern day weapons and sounds, but GR's are just too processed,too clean,there sould be a bit of a concussion or sound pressure effect.I changed out the sounds for BAS weapons and others,(FOR MY PERSONAL USE AND HAVE NOT SUBMITTED IT AS MY OWN)I am currently working on an array of different sounds and explosions so if anyone here needs any made for a specific weapon feel free to contact me.Here's an example of my sounds.

http://www.lulu.com/content/69741

Any feedback is good.

Homefry31464

Re:weapon sounds available for weapon modders
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2004, 05:08:07 »
I'd like some weapons to have an echo like effect, it just seems to me to sound better.

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2004, 07:14:03 »
Well of course.Even when firing a weapon out on the range on a sunny day, there is still substantial reverb echo.Specialy in a forest or city,lots of echo.I have them. ;)
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2004, 07:15:33 by Chammy »

AnarCHy

« Reply #3 on: 29 Aug 2004, 08:09:14 »
Not to be an arse or anything but it sounds like the grenade is an M16 lowered in vol. and speed a little

AnarCHy - The Arse

cameronmc

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2004, 08:48:20 »
Satchel's sound pack delivers on this - gives echoing weapon sounds and better moving noises. I'll send in the 1.46 version with my next mission. Methinks you can find it at ofp.gamezone.cz or summat.

Cheers,
C"G"McD

Offline Chammy

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2004, 09:49:48 »
Well, not to be an arse either but, have you actually heard a grenade in real life?Or an M16, even without ear plugs?The m16 , i will change again.Each m16 sounds differnt but not that mcuh to the inexperienced ear.I have worked security for the DOD and been around live fire ranges and close to bombing ranges and dont get me wrong but Satchels sound mod is very impresive but really,no grenade is going to sound like huge trash bin slamming down to the ground, maybe  a little but imagine a back fire but much much louder.There are a couple of nade sounds that sound accurate to a nade in a distance.When you here a nade or even a rifle sound there is a split sec sucking type noise,which is why you think the grenade suonds like an M16 but sped up.Hollywood sounds are much different than real life,but depends on personal preferences, some people or mostly kids prefer the more ballsy big loud booming sounds of guns than the pop sounds.    As for bombs and such, a bomb,lets say something of a 100 to 300 pounds of explosive is going to have a thunder crack sound and how.Satchels rifle sounds are good but way too much echo or reverb.Its a very processed sound and im not trying to say anything about your sound mod Satchel. People have thier preferences.  When i made my sounds I did use "some" sounds from GR and from CS but just the first split sec pop sound and added my own echo and tweeks.
Right now im just specializing in weapon and explosion sounds.I couldnt find any movement sounds any where and I wasnt about to buy a 60 to 100 dollar sound effects CD for it either.Although it wouldve been nice.  Plus, I didnt mess with the CONFIG bin, I just re-did the wss files in the sound pbo.