Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addon folders size limit?  (Read 1404 times)

Alphanumeric

Addon folders size limit?
« on: 24 Jul 2004, 11:44:43 »
   Hello, my problem is that I can only seem to put in a limited amount of .PBO's into my addons folder and if I go above a certain amount/size it corrupts my game, but when I remove the PBO's the game goes back to normal. I believe it has something to do with the O.PBO file. has anybody else had this problem and is there a work around it? I enjoy the addons you folks make and would like to try them all, but can't due to this size/limit restriction.

thanks in advance.

Homefry31464

Re:Addon folders size limit?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2004, 15:44:14 »
Use the -nomap extension, it should solve your problems....

Your flashpoint shortcut should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasers\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe"-nomap

I believe that is the correct syntax, if not someone here will correct me.

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
  • "The evil that men do lives on and on"
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2004, 18:12:54 »
I'm not sure, I have never used -nomap myself, but Flashpoint beta should have it fixed (v.1.96)....

How ever, I also have the same problem. Once I tried to start 2 MODs at a same time and it complained "Not enough video memory", so I think that there IS a real limit for addons.

It also makes campaigns crap to have too many addons... Maybe more video memory or something would fix this.... Though I think the only way is to use MOD folders.... ;)

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2004, 20:27:59 »
If I recall v1.96 does not fix the issue, but -nomap does... The -nomap is a feature offered by that patch.

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 25 Jul 2004, 07:00:16 »
Ok.... but could you then explain what does that command do? I'd really like to do! ;)

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 25 Jul 2004, 10:24:45 »
 If you don't use the command then every addon you have in your addon folder/mod folder... etc.. gets memory mapped when the game starts...

if you use the -nomap command.. it only uses memory for the addons you're going to use for that mission/campaign.. etc...

If I remember correctly that is....but the bottom line is that it works.. and there are no ill side effects from using it that I have ever heard of
:cheers:

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2004, 13:02:31 »
Thanks...:D Now I see... It's good, 'cause I have dozens of unused addons in my primary MOD directory ;)

Nulear_Man

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2004, 14:10:42 »
Vidio Memory Problems: hmmm
I Got Rid of that problem Bye Puting My Unused addons in A COmpletely different location than my Operation Flashpoint Dir

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2004, 18:57:13 »
Have you sorted it?
if not, you right click on the OFP shortcut, and in the bit that says "......flashpointresistance.exe"
You add -nomap
So it looks like
"......flashpointresistance.exe" -nomap

(Might be flashpointbeta.exe" -nomap But it's the same)

- Ben

Nulear_Man

« Reply #9 on: 01 Aug 2004, 09:56:19 »
What will that do?

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #10 on: 01 Aug 2004, 12:21:00 »
It changes the was OFP loads your addons (I'm not sure, but I think it doesn't load them into the memory.. And when you have loads of addons, and not enough memory, it can't fit them in, and gives a memory map error)

The only draw back is that with missions that have a lot of addons, it can slightly slow the load times (M'k so it's not much of a draw back.. :P)

Basicly, the nomap thing loads addons as it needs them.. I think it loads the config files for them.. And when they're called for (Like in the mission editor) it loads them up (In to the memory, I guess)
- Ben

Nulear_Man

« Reply #11 on: 02 Aug 2004, 07:21:45 »
cool

ChEB

« Reply #12 on: 21 Aug 2004, 02:13:08 »
sorry to bring an older topic back up but you simpily rename the exe file so instead of (flashpointresistance.exe) it read (flashpointresistance.exe-nomap) instead

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #13 on: 21 Aug 2004, 03:30:45 »
but you simpily rename the exe file so instead of (flashpointresistance.exe) it read (flashpointresistance.exe-nomap) instead

No.........you go to the shortcut you use for OFP.

Right click it and choose properties from the menu.

From the requester that pops up.......look at the Shortcut Tab.

Find the 'Target' text gadget......it will read something like:

C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE

Append onto the end of that:

-nomap

That is one space then nomap

So it looks thus:

C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nomap

Once done click the Apply button......then OK.

Planck
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2004, 03:31:36 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.