Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: V22A Osprey  (Read 1949 times)

Styxx42z

V22A Osprey
« on: 20 Jul 2004, 23:44:48 »
Any of you god addon guru's thought about creating the Navy V22A Osprey?

http://pma275.navair.navy.mil/

Just a thought i have had for a while and I have never seen one or even a mention of one in all the OPF sites.  I think VSB1 has one in their simulation (They say it is not a game.. Ya right).

What do you all think?  Is it possible?  Reasons for and against this possiblily?

Wouldn't it be cool to deploy troops in that baby?

Cheers

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:V22A Osprey
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jul 2004, 23:51:50 »
The problem I see here is what class would it be.....chopper or plane?

Or 2 models..one as a chopper and the other as a plane.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

OrangeLeader

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2004, 00:47:46 »
I saw a picture of a rough V-22 addon at http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?newlang=eng . Check the archives.

But I have not heard anything else. If someone would make it cool, but it would be  challenge. As for the two class problem, that has seemed to already be solved. A Harrier Jet addon I tried allowed the player to engage a "vertical langing/takeoff" action. It was not the best in the world but it would work for a V-22.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2004, 01:08:39 »
that script has been severely hacked around now and apparently works a charm.... as for the V22 - its possible to make it a chopper and still make its forward flight speed high - and the dipping can be controlled through tweaking the cpp.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Coldfire

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2004, 03:07:53 »
It would rock to have a V22 in OFP, include some of the features of BAS's Blackhawks (Fastrope, etc) and it would rock.

Styxx42z

« Reply #5 on: 21 Jul 2004, 17:00:11 »
So who wants to take the challenge.  I wonder if it would be easier to (And realize I know nothing about this) steal from other sources, like the BAS Black hawk.  the front of the V22 looks alot like it.  Use the script the Jumpjet uses.  fast Rope.  

That would be amazing.
So Who's up for this job?

Pay is crap,   expenses guaranteed.
Long hours.  Whats not to love about this?

The community will love you!  

I think it is funny that the V22a has never appear before.  It is the repacement for the long range insertion of the Navy.  I am wondering if Bohemia has maybe snapped up the creators for OPF2?  Just a thought.  I know I have seen it in VBS1 in a video.

Well Here's to hoping we will see this beast some time soon.  OPF is still the best game, and getting better.  

Dubieman

« Reply #6 on: 21 Jul 2004, 17:53:08 »
I'd like to see it, but for tactical play in OFP, I'd stick with a chopper. Shilka's easily shoot down A10s and an unarmed or nonTOW V22 would be easy prey. A heli flies low and under more control.  :P

Could we simulate the engine failures of early V22s? :D  :P

Styxx42z

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jul 2004, 18:15:38 »
A quick update.
I checked the site listed above for the v-22 and found an old post, the site was offline, but I searched with Google on the creator's name and found this addi.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/tysiek/osprey3d.php

It looks like this is a mod in progress.
Except it is in Polish.  :( Can anyone that reads polish go to the site and update us on the status?  the pictures look really good.

;D

Dubieman

« Reply #8 on: 21 Jul 2004, 19:03:51 »
Use a translator and copy paste the relavant parts into the translator to see what's going on. ;)

I use freetranslations.com...

Styxx42z

« Reply #9 on: 22 Jul 2004, 17:19:43 »
I wrote Tysiek                            
He has given me permission to post our Email conversation.

Hello.  . I think my V-22 will be avaible as final version when
OFP2 comes out. For this moment I have some problems with
 animations. It's complicated thing - multiple animations. Something
 like OFP engine limitations thing you know ? Now I haven't any time
to make something more for my bird but I'm sure I gonna work on
 better version because I have real amazing line drawings ( at least
 2000x2000 res ). So there will come second osprey but I don't know
when exactly. I got jaguar x-type too in my plans :) but Osprey is
more important now.

His Second email to me said this.. ;D

Of course you can post this information in ofpec. Ofpec forum gots a lot of good add-on makers. I see OFP is changing to real better game now. I think I can make V-22 for OFP1 only as helicopter.

--
Best regards,
 tysiek                            

FYI people.
Styxx

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #10 on: 23 Jul 2004, 16:13:50 »
OFP2! :'(
Surely you can make the heli not dip in the CPP.. And have the speed chage the direction of the rotar blade (Like the speedos are made)
?
Even if it was a heli.. I'm sure people could tweak it and stuff, and make new version..
Maybe by asking people to make a new config.. That refernces to all the models and stuff in the orig CPP... But puts a new unit (Say, if I did it, it would show up under V22 Ospry > (ONIX) V22).. So there could be 10 different version, say one is 10MB, the rest are only 10KB..
Then there could be a test, and find the best one..?

Dunno, I was just throwing together ideas.. I JUST WANT THE OSPREY :P
- Ben

Offline TYsiEK

• Members
  • OFP Rocks
    • Official TYsiEK Page
« Reply #11 on: 25 Jul 2004, 16:58:58 »
OFP2! :'(
Surely you can make the heli not dip in the CPP.. And have the speed chage the direction of the rotar blade (Like the speedos are made)
?
Even if it was a heli.. I'm sure people could tweak it and stuff, and make new version..
Maybe by asking people to make a new config.. That refernces to all the models and stuff in the orig CPP... But puts a new unit (Say, if I did it, it would show up under V22 Ospry > (ONIX) V22).. So there could be 10 different version, say one is 10MB, the rest are only 10KB..
Then there could be a test, and find the best one..?

Dunno, I was just throwing together ideas.. I JUST WANT THE OSPREY :P
- Ben

You think it's easy ?
I was asking a lot of good add-on makers and nobody know's how to make multiple animations to rotate engine and rotors once. I know something about OFP engine limitations.  1.60 TEST patch had a lot of amazing features like you can stand on the ship while it's moving. But BIS removed this features because they don't love us. They just need more more and more moneys. I can waste my time for making blackhawks, ospreys and having fun from OFP editing but I don't wanna moneys for doing that. Why ? Because community buy's this game for moneys and they waste this moneys for having more fun from new add-ons than orginal OFP features and models. Add-On makers are doing his jobs for BIS and BIS have moneys from that. BIS BOSS can buy best Porsche. Why ? Because OFP is still alive. Why ? Because add-on makers and community is still alive too ! OFP is popular because WE ARE ALIVE. So that's why BIS SHOULD make new patch with some very nice features like multiple animations or VTOL and better heli and plane simulations but my godness not some stupid MP or weapon fixes !

OrangeLeader

« Reply #12 on: 26 Jul 2004, 03:21:03 »
Be glad BIS does make new patches. Many game titles just have one or two patches. If BIS was just wanted money they would have release the original game then moved on. No they created to addons to the original OFP. Plus look at how BIS has help the community by helping addon makers and modders. Yes they make money form us, but also look at how "cheap" OFP is. You have 100s if not 1000s of missions to play and new addons coming out almost everyday. You really can't put a price on that, but BIS does 49.99 for OFP GOTY. There are very few games that I know of that has this much replayibilty and this kind of community. BIS could have made OFP alot harder to modify, but no they actually help the community. As for a new patch that dramatically changes the game engine, come on. Someone might as well just ask for a free OFP2 upgrade. We should be greatful for the upgrades and support we get form BIS and the hours of game play we have gotten out of OFP.

As for the tilting of choppers, can we not just accept that some things are not possible with the current OFP engine. I know people push the limits every day, but not every thing is possible.

I'm sorry for going out on my own tangent. This thread is for dicussion of "Addon ideas" so lets stick to that. No more bashing BIS or OFP.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #13 on: 26 Jul 2004, 13:44:25 »
You think it's easy ?
I was asking a lot of good add-on makers and nobody know's how to make multiple animations to rotate engine and rotors once. I know something about OFP engine limitations.  1.60 TEST patch had a lot of amazing features like you can stand on the ship while it's moving. But BIS removed this features because they don't love us. They just need more more and more moneys. I can waste my time for making blackhawks, ospreys and having fun from OFP editing but I don't wanna moneys for doing that. Why ? Because community buy's this game for moneys and they waste this moneys for having more fun from new add-ons than orginal OFP features and models. Add-On makers are doing his jobs for BIS and BIS have moneys from that. BIS BOSS can buy best Porsche. Why ? Because OFP is still alive. Why ? Because add-on makers and community is still alive too ! OFP is popular because WE ARE ALIVE. So that's why BIS SHOULD make new patch with some very nice features like multiple animations or VTOL and better heli and plane simulations but my godness not some stupid MP or weapon fixes !

sorry to be blunt, but addon makers may keep ofp alive, but they don't give BIS anymore money... the only money BIS got was from CWC, RH and Resistance... and hence why they are now venturing with VBS1, because they need a new source of income - addon makers do nothing to make BIS richer, that would be a naive statement
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #14 on: 26 Jul 2004, 13:46:53 »
You think it's easy ?
Did I say that? (No, really, did I. ::))

Someone might as well just ask for a free OFP2 upgrade.
Intersting idea :D
.... :P
(J/k ::))

Anyway.. Multiple anims.. Can't you rotate the axis (My making the Memory lod points in a selection?)
Or does the engine work out where the axis are, then ignore where they change to..?
Although I'm not that amazing at addon making.. Some people are though.. It must be possible?

Ah well
Anywhere I can download the 1.60 TEST patch? :P
- Ben

Offline TYsiEK

• Members
  • OFP Rocks
    • Official TYsiEK Page
« Reply #15 on: 26 Jul 2004, 15:44:49 »
sorry to be blunt, but addon makers may keep ofp alive, but they don't give BIS anymore money...
Yeah ?
So why peoples still buying this game ? Because add-on makers makes this game more interesting and fun.
Ok just stop talking about BIS and OFP. Keep topic.

OrangeLeader

« Reply #16 on: 26 Jul 2004, 16:29:36 »
One last thing. Does BIS still even make any version of OFP? I thought they stopped making new copies, and are just selling back stock. So really BIS has made all the money they can out of the community. Because if the title is sitting on a shelf in some store, then to BIS it has been sold (to the store.) So BIS has not made a dime off of us for about a year or two. And so what if BIS does want to make money. They are a company like any other. Really I'm happy with OFP and the patches so far. I would rather have BIS work on OFP2, than try to push the limits with the current OFP. Who knows many of the problems and complaints that the community has may be solved in OFP2. I'm pretty sure BIS listen to the community, because they know we will be the ones buying the new version.

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #17 on: 27 Jul 2004, 18:34:23 »
Lol have u actually considered those patches may help make ofp2, it will still use the same engine, so releasing bug fixes is a good thing, u will have your fixes tested for free. The community will show you if u introduced any new bugs, that's why they keep makin them patches.   8)
Get those missions out there you morons!