Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Add-ons in Mod folders info sought  (Read 596 times)

marengo1

Add-ons in Mod folders info sought
« on: 12 Jul 2004, 17:42:31 »
  Perhaps you'll redirect this to Skorpions post even though it's locked; But Planks timely [ thanx Skorpion ::)- and I'll be Plank's butler] li'l tip for the addon crash prob has relieved me of much anguish. [  8)Now I can load up the latest massive WW2 addons/updates]

Is there any chance a brief explaination can be given as to how the no-map shortcut link extension works---and are there eventual limits to how much can be further put into the addon folder, or has it become limitless with that SC extension? I'm very curious as to how it alleviates memory issues in mod folders[and how do these bulging addons to a mod folder probs arise ?--i did do a li'l bit of unsuccessful searching there].

This info may also help me how to figure out using Llaumx's night/sky addon which has a brief mention of making a new shortcut directory link[Can anyone who has used the mod further help me there too?].

Much thanx in advance!!!!  ;D

Cool Z

Re:Add-ons in Mod folders info sought
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2004, 05:41:59 »
I have recently been having crashing problems with OFP which started when BIS sorted the cannot memory map (or whatever) problem. It sounds like this may be related, I too would love to hear info on this.

marengo1

Re:Add-ons in Mod folders info sought
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jul 2004, 19:16:26 »
this link to a recent post sheds some light on our enquiry....
http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=18700