Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Advanced scrips (sitting down, reviewng plans)  (Read 642 times)

-=Tumble_Dry=-

Advanced scrips (sitting down, reviewng plans)
« on: 05 Jul 2004, 04:48:22 »
Hears the deal,

(I already searched for previous topics and I didn't find any related)

I have many "unfinished" missions that have great storylines but bad game-play, mainly because I don't know advanced scripts for the job and I don't know how to end them :P

Here is the first example........
I want to know how I can make a unit be leaning on a table reviewing a map or sitting down having a chat with other officers. And I know this can be done because in the intro to everon, you can see an officer talking to some black ops.

Second. My missions will end for me when everyone is dead and I then press Ecs and hit abort. I want to make a trigger that does this for me. (Or if I reach an area, the game is over)

Also, I would like to find some reading material on this subject. So I can fully understand how to do this because like I said, I have several unfinished missions that I would like to see become famous ;D

Thank you

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Advanced scrips (sitting down, reviewng plans)
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jul 2004, 09:54:39 »
Firstly, you don't need lots of heavy duty scripts for good gameplay.    BIS rarely used scripts.     Good gameplay is more about things like sound plots, sophisticated use of triggers and waypoints and good unit placement.

If you have seen something in a mission and want to know how its done, use Amalfi's unpbo 1.5 from the Ed Depot - tools to unpbo the mission so you can look at it in the Mission Editor and see how it's done.   In this case switchmove/playmove animations probably come into it.

Head over to the Ed Depot - Tutorials - Getting Started.     The tutorials there were carefully selected to cover everything you  need to know to make a mission, including ending triggers.     You should make yourself familiar with each and every tutorial in that section.    (You don't need to study every single one in detail because there is some overlap.)

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play