Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid mod: what happened?  (Read 631 times)

BronzeEagle

Metal Gear Solid mod: what happened?
« on: 31 May 2004, 02:26:03 »
anyone know?

Homefry31464

Re:Metal Gear Solid mod: what happened?
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2004, 02:51:26 »
I didn't even know there was one... Try to contact the mod members and see what happened.

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2004, 06:02:39 »
They all went out, bought an actual Metal Gear Solid game, and are now playing it instead of trying to imitate it ;D ::) .

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2004, 16:48:31 »
Heheheheheheh
I think he means the weapons that were in MGS (The X-8 or something, and the USP/silencer/light)
In a thread for weapon ideas (?)

MGS would totaly 100% no way etc work in OFP.. Most of mgs is indoors.. You every tried fighting in buildings with AI.. They, uh, aren't the best

Also, I don't think that this thread will be open for long.. Unless of course the events in MGS are gonna happen in the furutre (Nuclear weapons becoming more used.. I guess it prob will happen :P)
But I think most of it Scifi...

Hmm, it could be cool having some of the weapons/people for MGS (1 and 2), like the Nikita thing (The controlable missile, or is it the stinger..?)
And the HiTec Soldiers (Look at the casting theatre after you complete MGS2).. Who look really cool

Anyway, doubt it's gonna happen (Unless you've got the PC game.. Inwhich case if you can export the models to ACS files.. That can be imported into O2..)

I guess this won't go anywhere though.. And will get locked ::)
- ben

Offline Pathy

• Former Staff
  • I'm not a F***in llama!
    • Volcbat.
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2004, 17:05:24 »
Yeh, i love it when someone tries to make a mod which is an imitation of another game......pointless  :)

j-man

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2004, 20:17:29 »
I don't think this would be pointless. Infact I think it would be really cool to make a MGS mod. I agree that MGS in mostly indoors and that OFP is not good for that type of thing. But what about MGS3 (hasn't been released yet)? Its mostly outdoors. Making a mod like this would be a nice change from the norm.