Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: White weapons  (Read 757 times)

Polipel

White weapons
« on: 21 Mar 2004, 23:18:16 »
    I think there is a total lack of cutting weapons in the game. I understand in a world full of guns, esplosives and bulets, a knife, a sword or an axe are a bit out of place but...

OrangeLeader

Re:White weapons
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2004, 06:07:44 »
The reason why there are few cutting weapons is: 1. It is hard to get close enought to the enemy before they shoot you. 2. It is hard to tweak the OFP engine so they work right.

To many they are just not worth making. Sorry man.

Dubieman

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2004, 20:51:39 »
3. the AI would be too stupid to use them

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2004, 18:58:00 »
Theres a chainsaw on www.ofp.info
It works okay, but it is really weak
And impossible to use
Fun though ::)
:P
- Ben

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2004, 20:56:28 »
OPF is strictly shooting game :gunman: as the game engine cannot cope well with 3d polygons (soldiers) getting next to each other and striking out, I mean you cannot easily run through guys or walk near them without slowing or stopping just like with buildings. The engine can cope with shooting the little computer bits (bullets) at each other that have set values and either hit or miss. You can throw things which works fine but even the strike fist and strike gun(which OFP coded into the game) where you actually hit someone is not very effective and weak. :P

I've noticed that you can only get so close to other living soldeirs like they have a personal bubble. When I tried strokegun next to them my body moved away from them as my arm rreached out I got pushed backwards. Vehicles like cars and trucks with the exception of tanks enjoy a comfy melding of polygons when put together.
 :o
Guilty's words of wisdom ;)
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2004, 20:58:51 by GuiltyRoachKilla »