Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios  (Read 48592 times)

contraz0rz

Re:What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios
« Reply #120 on: 31 Oct 2002, 04:23:25 »
I love those so much Frandsen, good job;D

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #121 on: 31 Oct 2002, 11:37:42 »
actually, frandsen is going in the right direction. those look like our ammo pouches that are part of our lbe (load bearing equipment). what you are seeing is just the ammo pouches, but it is still in development. you should be able to see more ammo pouches, a butt-pack, two canteens, and harness straps in the final version. spec ops have worn these and so do most of our army (even though, the load bearing vest is being used more today). we wear the lbe over our body armor (for easier access to ammo, grenades, etc.), when we conduct operations. some guys still prefer the old lbe instead of the vest and vice versa, personally i liked the old lbe better (very light and easy to adjust to the way i want it to be). since all you guys love BHD, pop in your dvd and take a good look at how they wear their gear or watch news clips of afghanistan, that is the gear that we wear in todays army. so, frandsen keep plugging away and if you need a beta tester, i'm available. also, the color of the load bearing vest does not matter. they used od green, camo, or black at any given time, the color of the vest is not that important.

The Edge

« Reply #122 on: 31 Oct 2002, 13:46:48 »
And if you take a look at SF in Afghanistan and talk to SF operators, MANY of them are opting for chest harnesses.

Guys from 5th SFG have recently purchased a customized SO-Tech modular "Hellcat" chest harness. PALS webbing all over, QR fastex buckles on the shoulder straps, and it splits open in the middle via velcro/snap closure -- for when you've got to the ditch and run.

This is what the original "Hellcat" (SO-Tech has their own name for it, but the retailer I bought it from coined it the Hellcat for marketing purposes) looks like, and this is my own personal rig: http://www.edgie.com/images/hellcat2.jpg

Do some guys still prefer the LC-2 setup? Maybe, but I can tell you that you can only *hold so much* and many, if not all, have switched over to custom LBV/chest harness systems. The infamous Newsweek cover guy, that vest he's wearing? Made by Eagle Industries. That vest is custom order only and runs over $300 USD (get enough people and you can put an order in with Eagle). And it was originally made specifically for that unit.

Offline bugkill

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #123 on: 31 Oct 2002, 16:21:55 »
ok, let me put this into perspective for you. the mission dictates what is best suited for wear when going on a op. when i did recon, i prefered the lbe. it was light and i carried my ammo pouches around my waist on the pistol belt. i did'nt need all the extra pouches that a lbv gives you, plus when i get in the prone, i did'nt find it comfortable when some of my equipment, that are stuffed in some of the front pouches of the lbv, is pushing into my chest (no body armor when conducting recon). now, when conducting mount or urban exercises, the lbv is definitely the better of the two. you have a crap load of different variations of vests out there, so i'm just sticking to the basic lbv. it came in handy during mount because you are doing quick assaults and it gave you more room for smoke or flashbang grenades, extra ammo, etc. it made you get to needed equipment in a hurry, because in urban warfare you have to be fast and your equipment needs to be in a position to where you can get to it quickly. that is the advantage of the lbv over the lbe, it is better suited for urban operations, while i prefered the lbe in the field.

mattmayhem

« Reply #124 on: 31 Oct 2002, 17:58:06 »
Personnaly i love those delta operators with the black vest and LBE !! I hope that you still release those guys and makes other versions aswell. The LBE works perfect for an older mabey late 80's or early 90's delta uniform because alot of the newer load bearing gears were not invented yet. So these guys would fit in good with the game's time frame.

Architeuthis

« Reply #125 on: 02 Nov 2002, 11:19:49 »
To the BAS people:

Could you please add a co pilot and an extra gunner tho the uh-60 series? I know that this has been discussed before, but i just wanted to know if its possible to add to extra cargo seat. On for the co-pilot and one for the extra gunner. Maybe you can change something in the config file. Maybe you could have those two slots occupied by two extra pilots. So when you place a chopper in the editor, those cargo slots are occupied and thus any addition cargo would go in the back.

Well, hope you consider my idea!

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #126 on: 02 Nov 2002, 13:05:05 »
@Architeuthis - unfortunately - (we have tried it) it is impossible to include the extra gunner, and co-pilot if the heli is to be placed in the editor with them in :(

We could leave 2 cargo spaces for them, but the units would have to be "moveincargo"'d every time - and a lot of people wouldn't bother to do this - so in the aim of reality we have left these spaces with no proxy...

If you set the co-pilot as commander the helicopter goes spare, and circles around on the spot, it is because the ai is not written to cope with these extra units...

so sorry man, but its just not possible...:(

Dkraver

« Reply #127 on: 02 Nov 2002, 16:09:38 »
Would it be much extra work to make double version with those seat open, to those who would choose to add those extra men in the editor??

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #128 on: 02 Nov 2002, 16:39:05 »
Its not so much a case of work - the extra proxy's are a case of copy/paste and then defining them, its more a case of size - the Little Bird pack - with 5 versions is allready 5/6 megs, which for 56k users is a bit of a push, so any more versions will increase the size of the pack even more :(

So what we are trying to do is kepp a happy medium, with the pack size, and the versions available...

PV

« Reply #129 on: 02 Nov 2002, 21:25:50 »
Are those supposed to be light green camelbaks on the delta operators backs?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #130 on: 02 Nov 2002, 23:31:06 »
could u at all think about a blackhawk where the gunner had a M21 and sat more towards the open doors rather then the minigun
and he could sniper out from the helo like wat u guys did with the little bird but an M21 insteed of a Mp5

Vixer

« Reply #131 on: 02 Nov 2002, 23:40:08 »
you cant hit anything with a snipegun from a helo if you ask me

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #132 on: 03 Nov 2002, 00:15:02 »
The LBE looks Great, Delta Uses what ever they want, but the "official Issue" LBE is OD Green, so, I'd stick with that, I dobut it Realy matters what color Delta's Flack Jacket is, cause they're kind of like the Army's SWAT team, and are esentaly the Ultament Terrorist, because to Fight a Terrorist you must Become a Terrorist, so Frandsen, Keep it Up Buddy I'm a Big fan of your Work!  ;D But I think you should Add a Radio Mic to them and set the Faces to Random not Cammo, especialy the Covered Faces, but that's just what I think, but if these are like your Marines They should Be Badass!

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #133 on: 03 Nov 2002, 01:55:27 »
well i wasnt asking u....

naa jks
its hard but its possible
and its even more possible with semi-auto capabilities
the helo just has 2 be crusing at bout 30 kph and ull be sweet

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #134 on: 03 Nov 2002, 03:53:51 »
This is correct... US SPECOPS units, particularly ISA, Delta and DEVGRU, use helo snipers in urban operations. Look at BHD, ( Perhaps partly fictional in parts, but generally accurate. ) Sgts. Gordon and Shugart deployed from an orbiting MH-60, not from a sniper hide on a rooftop. It was specifically stated during the mission briefing that sniper fire support would be provided from airborne helo's. This is SOP for MOUT/urban conflicts. And the Blackhawk IS stable enough to allow precision fire.
BTW:This is also the most common way USN SEALs utilize sniper support when raiding ships and oilrigs out to sea.