Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A couple of problems  (Read 537 times)

Katah

A couple of problems
« on: 16 Mar 2004, 08:36:52 »
Hello everyone!

As you will soon find out I'm new to OFP but have been putting in alot of time making a mod - more for learning than anything other reason.

So far I must say it's coming along pretty well. I've learned alot from this site and the forums, but as of tonight I'm having hell making this one part work!

Here is my problem

I've got a chopper that I've got starting out with a full load of soldiers, chopper takes off and heads to the first waypoint. About half way to the waypoint I've got the chopper flying through a trigger that causes everyone to jump out - thus my paratroopers are born and the chopper keeps going off into the sunset. This part works well but the area my guys are supposed to out at is an area that is currently unter heavy attack. When I test the chopper (totally disregarding careless mode and my waypoints) actually flys around this battle, of course missing the trigger and the drop zone all together!! I've adjusted everything from speed to manually coding the careless mode into the chopper but no matter what I do its not working. The chopper actually flies as it is supposed to keeping right in line with the waypoint until it gets near the battle where it totally skirts it then lines back up and keeps going.

As a way around this (even though my troops wont be dropping where I want them to be dropped) I figured I'd have them go ahead an drop as close as the chopper will allow, but I ran into yet another problem!! The on activation keeps getting sprung by my ground troops! Is there a way to have the trigger pop only if the unit name goes through it?

I know I've been long winded, but this has really held me up and I'm cross-eyed from reading and trying to find someone with a similar problem so I figured I'd see if anyone out there might be able to help me.

Thanks yall!

RAAH

Re:A couple of problems
« Reply #1 on: 16 Mar 2004, 09:47:40 »
Synchronize or group the chopper with the trigger... Don't remember which works

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2004, 11:06:34 »
If you want a trigger to be fired by a specific group (for example a chopper) then group the trigger to the group leader, just like it was another loon.    You now have new options in the Activation box.

Dunno about the cowardly chopper though.   Try putting a move waypoint right in the middle of the battle area:  experiment with careless, safe, aware etc - you can set it in the waypoint.

Oh, and

Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: 16 Mar 2004, 11:07:13 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Drwyd

« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2004, 13:23:24 »
Would setting the chopper to "never fire" help, sometimes it makes them act less independent.

Offline Wadmann

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm the next evolutionary step after a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2004, 21:04:17 »
Greetings Katah!

Just thinking out loud as I can't check my suggestions while at work:

1) Use "setcaptive" on the chopper so it may ignore the battle around them.

2) See if  "setWPPos", "domove", or "Commandmove" will override the choppers instinct to avoid the conflict area.

Keep us informed of your progress so we will all know if any of these suggestion actually worked.

Wadmann
Check out my Camouflage Collection! New items added 31 July 2005.

BibiPhoque

« Reply #5 on: 17 Mar 2004, 18:34:44 »
Won't the command DisableAI do anything about it?

Offline alimag

• Contributing Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2004, 19:26:04 »
Hi,

This is weird man.
I have choppers landing in the middle of the battlefield (with snYpir land_chopper.sqs help) without any problem. The careless behaviour should be enough.

Did you try adding AllowFleeing 0?
Or disableAI "AUTOTARGET"?