Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: DOWNLOAD New M4A1 Version from Fliper!  (Read 10278 times)

erfworm

Re:DOWNLOAD New M4A1 Version from Fliper!
« Reply #15 on: 27 Sep 2002, 04:46:40 »
I agree with ferret my freind is friends with Gary Gordons son (The Gordon's have moved) and Gary went in knowing he was going to die just to hold off the Somolians long enough to get extracted.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #16 on: 27 Sep 2002, 05:31:05 »
Both of thoes Men are True Heros, They didn't ask to be but, it turned out that way, they Deserve all the Respect they have been given (the Medal of Honor, and a Training area used by the Rangers for CQB, Shughart and Gordon Training area) some Sammie Ran off with it and sold it I'm sure >:(, In my opinion it belongs in a Museum in a place of Honor, not on some one's Mantel.
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2002, 05:31:38 by PunkerSXDX »

mattmayhem

« Reply #17 on: 27 Sep 2002, 05:54:21 »
You're right, what i meant was :
I would really like to see a addon released based on the Modified Car-15 used by the actor who played as Sgt. Garry Gordon.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #18 on: 27 Sep 2002, 17:26:43 »
It's cool dude...
'Just got a soft spot in my heart for those guys- and all the others that give their all in a fight, but don't get to come home to waltz the home coming queen, you know?

mattmayhem

« Reply #19 on: 29 Sep 2002, 05:11:27 »
It's cool dude...
'Just got a soft spot in my heart for those guys- and all the others that give their all in a fight, but don't get to come home to waltz the home coming queen, you know?
Yes , i agree i think they were extremely brave men to have done what they did. They put themselves in that position fully knowing the dangers and little hope of them making it through for the chance that they might save the men of the crashed chopper, who if my memory is correct were ALL still alive imediately after the impact, in the movie it only shows durant still alive.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #20 on: 29 Sep 2002, 22:45:16 »
It's cool dude...
Yes , i agree i think they were extremely brave men to have done what they did. They put themselves in that position fully knowing the dangers and little hope of them making it through for the chance that they might save the men of the crashed chopper, who if my memory is correct were ALL still alive imediately after the impact, in the movie it only shows durant still alive.
I think only Durant was alive after the Crash, If not the Crew Chefs and Co Pilot Died very shortly after, I know Super Six One (CWO Cliff Walcox's Chopper) all but Cliff Walcox survived, but I think CWO Mike Durant was the only Surviver of the actual CRASH of Super Six Four.

mattmayhem

« Reply #21 on: 29 Sep 2002, 23:05:00 »
I remeber in the book it says that shugart and gordon, removed the crew all of whom were wounded and positioned them to defend the crash, I imagine that they died one by one as time went on, but initially they were all alive. Anyways it dosent matter.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #22 on: 01 Oct 2002, 01:39:05 »
I don't know for sure, You Could Ask Mike Durrant, but I Doubt He Likes to Talk About it, Can't say I'd Blame Him. :-\

3XTR3ME

« Reply #23 on: 01 Oct 2002, 01:46:09 »
was gary gordon the guy who shot that bore at the beginning
of the movie; the one talking to eversman at the end?

3XTR3ME

« Reply #24 on: 01 Oct 2002, 01:50:13 »
wait a minute, he was a delta sniper

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #25 on: 01 Oct 2002, 01:52:55 »
Gordon Was one of the Operators Who Died Saving Mike Durant, No The Guy Talking to SSgt. Eversman was his Nick Name was Hoot, I think he was Master Sergent Hooten, not sure about the Rank though.

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #26 on: 01 Oct 2002, 02:45:07 »
I think Hoot was the most interesting and enigmatic of all the operators as described by Bowden. Wonder what he does now? I don't remember his rank either, could have been just about anything short of colonel... as they are much like CID, and do not depend so much on military protocol to make decisions, or lead. Many US SPECOPS units funtion in this way. Only real "Meateaters" actually lead, and are respected by fellow team members.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #27 on: 02 Oct 2002, 04:18:01 »
I know he was an NCO for sure, cause most of the Delta in Samolia were NCOs, you have to be at least an E6 (Staff seregent) to be Delta. But yeah the D boys disreguard Rank almost completely.

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #28 on: 02 Oct 2002, 10:46:10 »
That's true

Steele - "You're safety should be on at all times"

Hoot - "Well, this is my safety sir"

Offline Batdog

• Members
  • OFPEC'S only rat. DAMN thats cool.
« Reply #29 on: 04 Oct 2002, 04:52:55 »
I think Hoot's rank Master Sergeant of something like that.

"Why are you calling me brother."- Solid Snake
"I'm you. I'm your Shadow"-Liquid Snake