Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ???Extrude???  (Read 1758 times)

Nasty Buttler

???Extrude???
« on: 16 Sep 2002, 16:59:44 »
Does anyone know how to extrude a face??
I see it says that in the editor but i cant see the option window anywhere

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:???Extrude???
« Reply #1 on: 16 Sep 2002, 17:04:30 »
I really wish that people would take the time to look at the older threads. If you had done so, these would have popped up:

Oxygen Keyboard Reference Plz Where you asked for a key reference, and I gave it to you. And also took the time to explain that there was no extrude function.

Help with Oxygen Or this thread, where I replied with a link to an earlier thread.

Extrude.. Namely this one, where zwadar also explains that there is no extrude function in O2.

There, everyone happy?

Cheers, KTottE
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

3XTR3ME

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2002, 05:13:48 »
I'm not.....You need to have a more happy attitude because when ever I see a thread that you reply to its usually locked...whats up with that?

PS: And the sig's gotta go man lol....
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2002, 05:14:48 by 3XTR3ME »

Nasty Buttler

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2002, 19:06:36 »
Well thanx mate....(KTottE)

Only thing is there is an extrude function, have a look in the M16 tutorial, only thing is that in BIS's wisdom they decided to omit it from O2 Light....for what reason i dont know, bloody annoying if you ask me....

Just funny how its in one of there tutorials, shows that they put alot of thought into the release of the program and tutorials..

Also thanx for the attitude mate, i feel as welcome as a Nazi Hooker in a Jewish Death Camp re-union.....

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2002, 20:14:44 »
leaps to the defense of the moderator.....

1. OPFEC is run at a huge loss for the site owners. We can help minimise their loss by restricting the amount of bandwidth we use. Spamming threads, while only using tiny amounts of bandwidth, costs OPFEC money. The FAQ details the existance of a search function and if an answer can be found in seconds with a search, the moderators - many of whom have replied to identical threads in the past are well within their rights to close a thread.

2. O2 was a pet project for a Bis staffmember. The program was rewritten during OFP's development and the extrude function was removed. Interestingly a similar functionality exists with the use of SHIFT and RMB. The licence agreement clearly states that they bear no responsibility to inform us of anything. Think of the tutorials as a bonus not a punishment even in their incorrect form.

3. As for attitude.... OFPEC is a community. Matters are dealt with cordially without offensive personal comments. In my home town we have a saying 'Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer' (its a small town and we don't get out much). Keep working with OFPEC it really is the best place to learn about OFP, once you figure out where existing answers are you will realise the huge amounts of information available in this site - largely due to the dedication of its staff.

4. Lay off holocaust references - they do your cause no favours.

5. Smile, its only a game

Edit - typos only
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2002, 20:23:16 by ScouseJedi »
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2002, 21:57:13 »
Hmm, this is getting annoying. I have to go to work during the days, so I can't keep hitting the refresh button in the forums. So, at the end of the day when I drag my sorry a$$ through the front door and get on the forum, I have a gazillion questions and posts to answer, instead of answering each one as they pop up.

My life is difficult.

Anyway, here goes.

@3XTR3ME:

It would be nice if you supplied me with more direct examples, I have 5 boards which I moderate, and I can't keep track of everything I do in each of them. All I can say is this: I've never locked a thread that should not have been locked.

Well, that's really all I need to say.

And my sig has been approved by snYpir ;D
If you look at the navbar of the forum, you'll see pretty much a duplicate of that. I might change it, but it will never go away.
Don't you think it's a good idea to have links to the FAQ and the Ed Depot every time I make a post?
I do.

@Nasty Buttler:

Yes, there is an extrude function in O2 "Hard". The version that BIS plays around with. There are a number of things in that which we do not have access to, one of the smaller being the extrude function. There was an error on BIS's behalf when they wrote that M16 tutorial. My guess is that the guy who wrote it believed that the extrude function would be in O2 Light.
Mistake on their side, we have to live with it. There's not much we can do about it, sadly. Extrude is the modeler's best friend.

And at the same time they were doing most of the work for the O2 Light release (to ModMakers that is, these things have been around for a while) they were also working on OFP:R. And any other projects which we may not have heard of yet.

I can't tell you what to think, but personally I cut them quite a bit of slack. OFP:R makes up for the mistake in the M16 tutorial ;D

And as for my attitude, I apologize if I offended you, but I don't think I overreacted in any way.
I had already replied to a question by you about the extrude function. Now, if I really wanted to be a b*tch about this, I could call this a double post and lock it. But since I'm not feeling particularly b*tchy, and I want to be the bigger person, I did not lock this, but instead replied to your question.

Again, I apologize if you were offended in any way, but from where I stand there's nothing wrong with my post.

And, also, ScouseJedi is right, we do not take kindly to references to the holocaust, even if they are meant as a joke. You might write a joke on the internet, while your fellow forum visitor might read an insult.

Whoa, check it out, I just summed up why you should limit your sarcasm on the internet.
You write a joke, while the other guy reads an insult.

* KTottE pats himself on the back before continuing *[/color]

In the future, if you have any problems with post that I make (or any moderator for that matter) or decisions made by me (or any other moderator) it would be a lot smoother for everyone involved if you were to send them a PM explaining the problem in question.

And lastly, like ScouseJedi said, "smile, it's only a game"

Cheers, KTottE

PS: Once again I apologize if you were offended by my post.

PPS: 3XTR3ME, sig changed ;D

edit fixed one or two typos
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2002, 21:58:34 by KTottE »
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Eviscerator

« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2002, 23:08:01 »
well i think ktotte acted correctly, the amount of times there are 5 posts about a subject thats been answered already is unbelievable, and it only takes a few minutes to search and they'll probably find the answer quicker anyway

3XTR3ME

« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2002, 23:43:27 »
typo in your sig...lol

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 19 Sep 2002, 23:50:00 »
Corrected, thanks ;)

Offline trinec

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: 22 Sep 2002, 09:01:19 »
ok well lets see here 2 tutorials from bis are wrong for us o2 light users then the cube and the m16 and since we are newbies to this could someone explain how to work around not having extrude? because im now at the part of the m16 tutorial were it states to use extrude.