Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: LRRPs/LRP/F Co. 58th inf Nam  (Read 1628 times)

Offline cj525

• Members
LRRPs/LRP/F Co. 58th inf Nam
« on: 08 Jan 2004, 19:29:52 »
Campaign:
start as line man in the 101st 1965. pull a couple of line missions in operation Highland. join a newly formed long range recon patrol LRRP (because they promise hard missons which involve a good possibility of getting ones self dead).

LRRP teams are usually six man  teams pulling missions such as:

Recon

Ambush
which turns into an E&E due to size of team.

Search and Destroy
calling in arty gunships or fast movers.

Search and develop
find enemy make contact draw more enemy in and call in the boys in blue to finish of the job while you head back to base for a well earned beer.

Overall your team is initially sent in to an area when Intel hears a rumors.

based on the books "Six Silent Men" written by Actual LRRPs.

what do you think?

OrangeLeader

Re:LRRPs/LRP/F Co. 58th inf Nam
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jan 2004, 05:40:28 »
I really like this idea. This is one of the first times I have see a NAM idea that is not the same old search and destroy. I hope some one makes this.

Offline DarkAngel

• Members
  • The night is my friend.
    • DarkAngels Missions
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2004, 11:56:55 »
Hey cj,

That could definitely work. I'm sort of working on a Nam SF campaign at the moment but would love to co-operate with you on this one. I'll see if I can get the books over here.

Dark
"Moondark" in Beta Testing

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2004, 17:50:09 »
if your interested in the books they are published by ballantine books presidio press:

all three books are called six silent men with a different author for each book:

book 1: Reynel Martinez
book2: Kenn Miller
book3: Gary A. Linderer

very good reading, all you need is a scratch and sniff and volia your in it.

evidentally in this forum we are not allowed to chat about getting a team together so I'll put a word in the right place :)

deaddog

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jan 2004, 23:54:28 »
I really like this idea. This is one of the first times I have see a NAM idea that is not the same old search and destroy. I hope some one makes this.

You should go to the beta test section, then.  There are two Nam missions there.  One has you gather intel and destroy something.  The other has you do a whole lot of searching and maybe a little destroying  (mainly a lot of searching). :)

There are a lot of people on this site but very few who actually participate in the beta section.  It's a great place to pickup some ideas, too.

PathFinder

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2004, 10:05:21 »
I like the sound of this idea aswell, maybe some new 101 LRRP units could be created?

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 21 Jan 2004, 20:49:23 »
I'm in the midst of making an ashau island which would work well for this idea. THe sebnam pack has pretty good lrps fairly acurate, I'm just finishing the final book "six silent men", lots of ideas for really interesting missions. Hey Darkangel I'm pretty interested in putting this together,let me know.

Offline cj525

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 04 Feb 2004, 01:06:54 »
THe ashua valley is well under way read my post in the nam missions post for further details.

looking for someone to build some 101st line units.
I would post some pics but that function is not up yet :(