Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Drop  (Read 3900 times)

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
Drop
« on: 13 Sep 2002, 20:37:23 »
This is infuriating.  I cant find a tutorial, or even a snippet that contains the drop command.

Is there one out there and Ive missed it?  I searched the editors depot, the forums and the officials forums.  Is there one around?

Gameer_77

Re:Drop
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2002, 23:20:12 »
Its a good idea. Is there anything in particular you are looking for? Theres some stuff about it in the comfref, albiet pretty messy.

Someone should make a tute on this. (maybe they have  :o)

8)PEACE

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2002, 23:34:07 »
Im looking for a way of using the command.  An extensive one that I can tinker with.  It makes particles right, well i want to make fire, fake tracers, smoke maybe...  I want a comprehesive tutorial.

Gameer_77

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2002, 23:53:44 »
Damn sorry man, i don't where one is. My advice is to just play around with some of the options. I made a little script where a guy smokes a ciggy then a puff of smoke comes out.  ::)

8)PEACE

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2002, 00:03:54 »
If all the variables in the array were numbers then playing around would be fine. The array format is thus;

[ ShapeName, AnimationName, Type, TimerPeriod, LifeTime, Position, MoveVelocity, RotationVelocity, Weight, Volume, Rubbing, Size, Color, AnimationPhase, RandomDirectionPeriod, RandomDirectionIntensity, OnTimer, BeforeDestroy,Object ]

As I see it, some of them are numbers some arent.  The number ones are fine, I can just tinker.  But, for example, how would one find out the possible shape names, and animation names without a tutorial or an example or two.

Can someone post any example of drop that you have, or have made, or know where they are, so I can see?
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2002, 00:05:22 by [icarus_uk] »

Gameer_77

« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2002, 00:28:15 »
If you want the shapenames the de-pbo the data3D file in the res directory.

Cl_fire, Cl_basic and CL_water are the only ones which look normal.

8)PEACE

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2002, 00:34:42 »
I can see this thread isnt going to garner any results.  I'll leave it open in case a miracle happens though.

Gameer_77

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2002, 00:39:16 »
Cause its only you and me (I?) on. Yoohooo! Wake up everyone! ICARUS HAS A QUESTION!  ;)

Im sure you'll get some help. Check back tommorow.  :)

8)PEACE

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2002, 03:21:50 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2002, 03:38:51 »
Im doing good Tomboy.  Im a little tired but Im about to go to bed to fix that. :afro:
[/b]

Now that I can work with.  Change a couple of the numbers around and see what happens :P  It was very lucky you found the thread Tomboy.  You must have some kind of 6th sense or such.
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2002, 03:40:06 by [icarus_uk] »

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2002, 14:41:36 »
yesss, amazzzinnn' ain't  I ?!  :o :beat:

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2002, 15:13:00 »
You know tomboy.  The glamerous way of scritping is to get you to make my fave tracers script for me :P

Oh and how do I change the size of the fire?  Its a big ball of flame, I want something small and car engine shaped.

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #12 on: 19 Sep 2002, 13:58:08 »
Cmon people.  How can I make a fake tracers effect with the drop command!

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 19 Sep 2002, 22:29:37 »
Change a couple of the numbers around and see what happens

See above statement ;D

How many tracers, just one?

Then you should probably decrease rate, spread and some other things. A shame that Vektorboson isn't around, he has documentation on this stuff.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #14 on: 20 Sep 2002, 02:33:05 »
I was having a muck around last night... I can't seem to get the particle to look like tracers though

I can't change the size in only one dimension. I'm sure there will be a way, I just haven't found it yet ;)

drop ["Jeep","","Billboard"... etc gives you a square, which you can make any colour you like to look like a tracer...
I'm working on sheer guessing here though