Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: no briefing in sp  (Read 555 times)

xiphoid

no briefing in sp
« on: 30 Dec 2003, 00:15:34 »
i'm having trouble adding a briefing to my sp missions, but i can do it fine in mp. it's probably a simple solution but i can't figure it out

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:no briefing in sp
« Reply #1 on: 30 Dec 2003, 01:20:30 »
Hmmm, that's an odd one.    Can you tell us more about the problem?    What did you do?   What went wrong?
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

xiphoid

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2003, 01:31:05 »
the first time i notied the problem was when i tried to use the respawn option in sp but found no results. i then tried it in mp and it worked, so i concluded that respawn was not used in sp. then i tried to add some weapons to the gear section and nothing happend in sp but it worked in mp. then finally i added text and it didnt work in sp but it did work in mp. i downloaded your tutorial and used your templetes (thank you). the version i have is v1.91. i have no experiance in mission making so think of the most ignorant problems that occur. thank you very much for responding
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2003, 01:32:32 by xiphoid »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 31 Dec 2003, 02:01:29 »
Hmmm....

Check the following :-

1.) The names of the Overview and Breifing HTML Files are seplt 100% correctly IE :-

"Briefing" AND "Overview" ... (without the quotation marks :) )

2.) They are placed in the correct folder and not in any sub-folder of your mission.

If all else fails go here and download this beautiful gem .... might help...

http://www.chenderman.com/CHOFPSE.htm

regards ..

RHys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2003, 03:09:14 »
You're right, there is no respawn in SP.

Gear selection and respawn in MP are handled by the file description.ext.    They are nothing to do with briefing.html.

My suggestion to this type of problem is always the same:   use the briefing from the Tutorial Mission and get your mission to work with the wrong briefing.   Once you have a working briefing, you can play with the text and so on till you get it the way you need it.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play