Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tonal Island help!!!!  (Read 1190 times)

DDT

Tonal Island help!!!!
« on: 29 Oct 2003, 03:21:08 »
I have tried and tried to get the Tonal Island to work, but for some reason i just cant get something right.  I tried the expansion that you can get off this site, but i cant get that to work either.  Please somebody spare me and help me out.  Any replys will be very much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

m21man

Re:Tonal Island help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2003, 03:38:04 »
What exactly is wrong? What happens when you try to use Tonal? You need to give specifics if you want good help.

DDT

« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2003, 04:27:48 »
Sorry m21man, I just forgot to add that the game still tells me that it cant memory map my bas opfor pbo.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2003, 05:28:29 »
 Get  1.94 that should help some with memory mapping problems...  I can cram nearly 3Gigs of addons into my addons folder with no more memory mapping errors :o  

another way to go about it is mod folders....  

make a folder in your OFP directory and name it BAS

the path should look something like this:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\BAS

(depending on where you installed OFP)

inside that folder place all your BAS addons ... you can and should make multiple folders...    i.e.  a   WW2 folder... a Nam folder.. etc...  

that way.. you keep a minimal amount of addons in your addons folder.

Now.. on your desktop shortcut right click and go to properties.  

This should bring up a box with a field in it named Target .. at the end of the info there you should place a single space and then the following info:

-mod=BAS

now... when you start from that shortcut.. it will load your addons folder.. plus your BAS folder...  and leave all the other folders be ;)

you can make multiple shortcuts for different addon combinations.. you can link them together as well if youwant to use two folders.. etc..

:cheers:

DDT

« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2003, 07:25:03 »
Something else that bothers me is i cant get the game to install patch 1.92 or 1.94.  Yes i already have 1.91.  That could be a reason why all this is happening.  Thanks for the help so far and thanks again for everybody who will help me next.

m21man

« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2003, 18:17:08 »
First of all, ignore 1.92, get 1.94.

Now, did you mean that the installer won't install 1.94? If it installs correctly, you'll have a new program in your OFP folder that you use to launch 1.94 (I forget what it's called, if someone else doesn't post the name I'll post it when I get home).
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2003, 18:19:54 by m21man »

Torak

« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2003, 20:15:34 »
And where is that Tonal patch, anyway? I've read the readme, and the release info, but can't find the bugger...

Kaliyuga

« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2003, 20:27:28 »
 It's hidden on the official forums on the Tonal/Tango thread, as for what page of the thread...  I don't remember..

but its oh so much fun sifting through the hundreds of pages just to find the only place a link was put up  ::)

BTW it only changed the missions and the not working island animation as far as I know...  and the missions still didn't work for me even after the patch (objectives never checked off)
.. so it's debatable if you even want to to bother getting it

m21man

« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2003, 20:51:57 »
Maybe Kaliyuga's comp simply doesn't like BAS, the patch worked fine for me. As long as you have a good system, the island plays well.

DDT

« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2003, 21:23:32 »
Alright i got it to run, but i still get a message that says:  Cannot open object O/tree/dd_rakosi.p3d

And it wont let me play any of the missions that are included with it.

m21man

« Reply #10 on: 29 Oct 2003, 21:48:22 »
That's odd, are you using mod folders? I have two for BAS; bas_isle and bas_units.
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2003, 21:48:43 by m21man »