Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Defining the side of empty vehicles?  (Read 996 times)

B-2-0

Defining the side of empty vehicles?
« on: 25 Oct 2003, 03:12:21 »
Is it possible to define which side an empty vehicle is on??

For example; I want to use an east vehicle for west side but it will show up on east radar as green even though a west player is onboard...not good.

The vehicles will also be respawning so this needs to be taken into consideration.

Thanx in advance.

Offline Terox

• Former Staff
  • Follow the Sappers!
    • zeus-community.net
Re:Defining the side of empty vehicles?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2003, 10:25:30 »
if you go into the mission.sqm and edit the side there, that may work.
Firefox [Zeus Spartans] played around with this a bit m8, might be better to ask him
Zeus ARMA2 server IP = 77.74.193.124 :2302
Teamspeak IP = 77.74.193.123

B-2-0

Re:Defining the side of empty vehicles?
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2003, 10:35:42 »
U can't change it in the mission.sqm as it's side is set to 'Empty' but there must be a way because u can set resistance to be friendly to east or west and the colour id on the radar would have to change accordingly, right?

I am thinking it could be done with a script that detects which side the player who has got in is on and then set's the vehicles side depending on that....but i have no idea what the syntax would be for it.....this script would have to run each time the vehicle respawns....any takers?

[Edit] Hmmm....i have just discovered that even if u set a manned east vehicle to west in the mission.sqm it still shows up as enemy and it even attacks u...lol.

Also, with resistance friendly to west, a res vehicle shows up as white on the radar, not green....but with res friendly to east it shows up as red....therefore, when res is set friendly to west there must be some sort of script running that makes the res vehicles show as white, meaning u should be able to do it with any vehicle, right?

Or not? :-\
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2003, 11:52:21 by B-2-0 »