Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Chopper insignias for sebnam2  (Read 1390 times)

weweresoldiers

Chopper insignias for sebnam2
« on: 21 Oct 2003, 22:38:44 »
Anyone making any insignias for the Hueys. I like the AirCav and all but i want some diversity. They werent the only ones flying in Nam. so just wondering if anyone had thought of that. I have no idea how to do it but if anyone has a really easy way i would be happy to do this. This is a link to the 71AHC decal thought it would be cool to have the snake on the front of the gunship
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2003, 22:58:23 by weweresoldiers »

Cpl. Vagabond

Re:Chopper insignias for sebnam2
« Reply #1 on: 27 Oct 2003, 13:35:56 »
what about when you use the squad xml thingy, doesn't the insignia appear on the vehicles you use, i'm sure it did with mine

http://www.zerohazard.net/insignia.jpg

weweresoldiers

« Reply #2 on: 27 Oct 2003, 23:21:55 »
What is that "squad xml" thing i have no idea i would really like to be able to do this but i dont know with what program to make the right size(i have "picture it", would that work?), I dont know how to put it in the game or even where to put the pic in the game. I'm lost all i have is an idea and a few pics. Help PLEASE!! ??? You look like you did a fine job on yours and would greatly appreciate help on how you did it and how you put it on the side of the chopper. I would prob put mine on the front but the side looks good too!!!
« Last Edit: 27 Oct 2003, 23:25:39 by weweresoldiers »

Mr_Shady

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2003, 23:26:52 »
A squad.xml is an externally hosted xml file with squad details (squad tag, contact details, logo etc.) for MP games. You put it on a site somewhere, then put the address in your profile, hey presto, most vehicles you use in MP will have your logo and team name on them when you get in them.

Cpl. Vagabond

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2003, 23:27:52 »
The Squad.xml is used for clans, umm lemme just see if i can find the tutorial for it....

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=59

if you need webspace for hosting the files just e-mail me and i'll put it up for you, i think it only works in multiplayer and if you can't figure it out just arrange it with me and i can do it for u

weweresoldiers

« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2003, 23:28:28 »
yeah but how do i make one and then where do i put it

weweresoldiers

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2003, 23:30:47 »
thats pretty complicated and i also dont do MP so it would do me much good if it only work for MP

Cpl. Vagabond

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2003, 23:30:49 »
try and do it yourself if you still can't do it just e-mail me @ speciminX@aol.com or IM me on MSN/AIM and i'll do it for you

MSN: lon_suder_voyager@hotmail.com
AIM: SpeciminX

weweresoldiers

« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2003, 23:33:13 »
all right i will try. It may no tbe til this weekend if i dont get i'll send you an email

Cpl. Vagabond

« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2003, 23:45:15 »
well if you want it for single player, i don't think you could do it with the sebnam but setTexture, i don't know anything about it but you can change the texture on something using a bit of script in the INIT box of the unit, but i don't think this could work with sebnam, i'll look into it for you

weweresoldiers

« Reply #10 on: 28 Oct 2003, 00:03:59 »
Thanks. My comp doesnt run really well with MP so i dont play much. I'm trying to make a   Vietnam SEAL/ Helo campaign. I thought it would work b/c in the readme for sebnam2 it said

"If you wish to make your own textures then I recommend using a 256x256 paa texture with alpha channel (larger sizes will not bring about that much more detail), then packing them into a pbo."

I thought it would be pretty easy but obviosly not.