Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ia Trang Questions  (Read 2031 times)

Offline TheCaptain

• Members
  • You and The Captain Can Make it Happen
Ia Trang Questions
« on: 09 Sep 2002, 07:12:30 »
Ia Trang has a few noodling bugs that I'm sure everyone is aware of.

Will a new version be made?

Are the 'features' that make SEB choppers averse to landing and very prone to ejecting troops in midair due to bugs in the islands, or the choppers themselves? Could that be fixed in a new island?

I'm curious because the chopper problems get in the way of gameplay every now and then...
The Captain

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
Re:Ia Trang Questions
« Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2002, 07:42:31 »
If you put an invisible "H" landing pad in almost any LZ on Ia "Trang" it will work. The ejecting troops is a problem with all the vegatation on the island. It's not a bug with the choppers. Like I said if you don't use landing pads this can happen in heavily forrested areas.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

TAPNKEGS

« Reply #2 on: 09 Sep 2002, 17:30:30 »
i concur with ebud, using the invis h's work fine. I have multiple ones at various LZ's and through a little choreography, they work just fine in unloading troops multiple times.

HotShot

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2002, 00:01:12 »
Can you tell me how to stop the choppers landing at a different invis H to where they're supposed to? Even when there not placed too close together the helicopters still seem to land and the wrong H. I use waypoints normally so is there a script or something?  ???

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2002, 00:34:47 »
No way for this...if they're to close together the pilot starts to "choose" one.

Offline TheCaptain

• Members
  • You and The Captain Can Make it Happen
« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2002, 01:07:20 »
Also, much of the forests are impenetrable to AI infantry. Will this eventually be fixed? I love the jungle, but the damn AI just can't get around...

Are you supposed to only use trails or somesuch?
The Captain

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2002, 04:21:18 »
LOL,...not only do the AI sometimes get stuck in the Jungle...BUT,...some of the trees will stop a TANK in its tracks, so to speak :o

Hopefully the update will allow the ARMOR to overpower the TREES :)

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2002, 05:48:09 »
AI pathing issues will be sorted out in due course (hopefully), just waiting for the right tools to let me do it.

Most BIS forests will stop a tank, the problem is a forest triangle is one big object, so you can't an individual tree in the forest fall down without having the whole forest appear damaged, to allow tanks to pass through would prevent the trees blocking bullets. So not much we can do about it.

re: Invis H, try clicking the transport unload waypoint directly onto the H, that ties it the WP.

SelectThis

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2002, 07:05:43 »
I see,...I was not aware of the thing with the forest,...but...it makes sense ;)

Frosty

« Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2002, 09:53:52 »
Hey, for some reason, my planes won't take off at the two island airports. I know thats coz of WRPEdit or something, but could you please patch it up for a future version. I cant get the Napalm air support in my C&C Mission to work cos of that.

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2002, 11:14:56 »
OFP only supports one operational airport (ie one that the AI can use).

On the Ia Trang map it is the small runway near the PleI Me SF camp (only small craft will take off from there...known bug, will be fixed in next version). The 2 big airports were put there more for use in MP games (meaning no side would have the advantage of ILS landing)

SelectThis