Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ghillie Suit Addon? Read & I'll explain...  (Read 668 times)

Grendel

Ghillie Suit Addon? Read & I'll explain...
« on: 05 Sep 2003, 00:18:37 »
Hi All!

Here's the deal: Real military Snipers don't always have their g-suits on for several reasons.  Trust me, I know ;)

I have developed a highly realistic Sniper Mod currently in non public beta(several sub scripts enhancing the realism potential of OFP sniping to the point where I'm considering using it as a training aid) and would like to have a g-suit you could put on/take off.  This is impossible with a mere script alone (and I'm an O2 dummy :P)

An oxygen created g-suit configured like an item normaly carried on the back (like a RPG for instance) but with no 'ammo' would work using the add/remove weapon command. Or, if you added some ghillie textures/faces to a model (like BAS's Ranger Sniper) You could use setTexture commands.

Is anyone up for the challenge?

Kalkin

Re:Ghillie Suit Addon? Read & I'll explain...
« Reply #1 on: 05 Sep 2003, 07:59:41 »
No, but it would be very cool to have something like that.  Maybe also not have it so frizzy all the time like the current OFP sniper.  As for your sniping mod, need anymore beta testers?  8)
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2003, 08:00:58 by Kalkin »

Grendel

« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2003, 17:10:47 »
The public Beta is almost done, and will probably be put in the proper forum site by Sunday.  Everyone should be pleasantly suprised :)

And you're right, the g-suit should be less 'fuzzy'; the BIS sniper looks like a person with a lot of shrubbery on him-but a person none the less.  A real g-suit blends recognizable body outlines into one inhuman looking mass (particularly the junction of head and shoulders.  A good texture example to use would be a resized, semi transparent one like the net covering the "small shad" object.

-Grendel
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2003, 17:15:10 by Grendel »

Teryan

« Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2003, 04:33:32 »
The public Beta is almost done, and will probably be put in the proper forum site by Sunday.  

Where would that be?  I'm looking forward to a sniper mod.
Do you have a web site?

Grendel

« Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2003, 19:25:59 »
Look for it in the Script Beta Testing Section soon...

(Teryan did find a way to get put on the list for pre beta testing tho  ;))

hint: I have another script out there...