Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: More Resistance Vehicles  (Read 4609 times)

m21man

More Resistance Vehicles
« on: 31 Aug 2003, 04:03:33 »
I was wondering if anyone was thinking of making or is making more converted resistance vehicles. I was looking for an M1 Abrams, M60, M113, and M2A2 with those big green markings the resistance uses to mark its captured Soviet tanks.

Coporal_Punishment

Re:More Resistance Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2003, 07:11:04 »
capturing the latest US vehicles like the bradley and m1a1 is quite littereally impossible think about it, they are so computerized and parts are so hard to get that resistance fighters won't be able to evan maintain such a system, it takes a good few months and lots of money to train a tank crewmen and i don't think resistance has that money lying around

calm_terror

« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2003, 12:00:10 »
plus the US does not leave semi damaged tanks around. if they are unusable they fire on them with other tanks and throw in same incerdy nades

Mat Herben

« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2003, 17:00:45 »
True about that guys, But I think the poster would agree that there were more DIFFERENT resistance vehicles, such as very poor armed and armored tanks, ( U know ones Resistance Soldiers could manage ), Cause the Resistance only got 3 tanks now. Come to think of it, Every side doesnt got that much tanks  ;)

m21man

« Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2003, 20:19:00 »
At the least, something simple like the M113 could be reskinned with Resistance textures.

Drozdov

« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2003, 20:58:04 »
Frankly, unless the Resistance had some hired mercenary tank crews and a lot of money they couldn't use any tanks. They're damn difficult to drive, and a nightmare to maintain. Tanks need constant repairs and spare parts. It's unlikely that a militia army could have them and service them.

Vyper

« Reply #6 on: 31 Aug 2003, 23:37:03 »
and the T-80, T-75 and  BMP are just like riding a bike?  Who cares if in real world they'd never be able to drive them....the amount of tankcrews i've taken out in my OFP lifetime surely the russians wouldn't have anymore....but they keep coming...there's realism then theres just being plain silly!

Vyper

KyleSarnik

« Reply #7 on: 31 Aug 2003, 23:47:59 »
The resistance is supposed to be freindly to the americans anyways.... unless you want them enemys.... I think they have enough tanks. But it would be nice to see other resistance vehicles... Perhaps trucks with MGs on them... Or a small boat mounted with guns... That would be cool....

Mat Herben

« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2003, 00:58:44 »
Thats what I meant, thost vehicles with stationed guns on them, what about a resistance toyota jeep with an MG gun on it? It would be cool.

fragsta

« Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2003, 01:57:31 »
there is a toyota jeep with an MG on it, but I cant remember whos side it is on. i will have a look in a min...

calm_terror

« Reply #10 on: 01 Sep 2003, 02:29:18 »
the toy with the mg is resistance.
but yes the resistance needs  more trucks. and some planes would be nice.. or helos..

m21man

« Reply #11 on: 01 Sep 2003, 03:23:40 »
Yeah, since the Resistance scavenges pretty much anything that comes its way, it'd be cool to have more stuff that looks stolen. Maybe some Urals with big green stripes on them so they look like they've been seized by resistance troops. As for the captured M1 and M2A2 models, I agree that they'd be unrealistic, but since when has OFP been completely realistic? Somehow, I can't see U.S. special forces being trained to fly Soviet helicopters ;D, but Gastovski does it more than once during the CWC campaign.

Mat Herben

« Reply #12 on: 01 Sep 2003, 18:03:09 »
I know there was an addon like that Suzuki jeep for Resistance, Fragsta. Only this one is blue and not quite war-like colors.. But thanks anyway..

I somehow still think it wouldnt be fun if Resistance had M1A1 Abrahams tanks, The picture just isnt right, by the way I think Resistance got to be much weaker than East or West is.. They should have some jeeps and trucks and some big soviet tanks, but no choppers or Abrahams, Give them war vehicles they used in the years 50-60, that would be nicer..

Drozdov

« Reply #13 on: 01 Sep 2003, 21:28:31 »
Why does everyone have the Resistance friendly to the West just because they were in the official campaigns? It's just as likely that the Americans are the attackers and conquerors.

Oh and there is a script that allows you to stick an M2 on any vehicle but it doesn't really look good. It also prevents it from carrying cargo I believe.

the amount of tankcrews i've taken out in my OFP lifetime surely the russians wouldn't have anymore....but they keep coming...there's realism then theres just being plain silly!

I was just making a point. There is also a big difference between the Red Army and a Resistance army. The Red Army's numbers would be in the millions... several thousand times the size of any of the islands in OFP's entire population. Russia is a B-I-I-I-G country, bigger than some continents (if not in population size, but hey).

I've never seen a Resistance Jeep with MG, is this an addon?
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2003, 22:04:37 by Drozdov »

fragsta

« Reply #14 on: 01 Sep 2003, 23:44:14 »
there is one, its a suzuki and its not res the one i have, and the textures are screwey, and it dont work in high res mode, which sux cux everythin else looks good in high res...