Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Helicopters/infantry  (Read 1654 times)

GrimMonkey

Helicopters/infantry
« on: 19 Aug 2003, 23:35:30 »
Here's an idea regarding the helicopters that allow soldiers to sit on the sides of. Someone could make an addon or script so that soldiers who sit on the side are able to fire (primary weapon only) and reload while still sitting in the helicopter that is flying. Think about it.

KyleSarnik

Re:Helicopters/infantry
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2003, 00:04:06 »
Its probably not possible. But with OFP2 who knows...

GrimMonkey

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2003, 00:16:04 »
I know this is completely off-subject, but does anyone have an idea of what OFP2 will be like? They say that you're allowed more freedom, but I don't know how there can be any more. :l

Iwesshome

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2003, 00:24:23 »
All I can say about it is this.... http://www.flashpoint2.com/

Semith

« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2003, 01:12:49 »
Ya, they already gave us like 500 square km.  Most of it may be water, but they didn't 'gimp' us with tiny maps or anything.

Mat Herben

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2003, 23:35:10 »
When are they going to release those damn screenshots of OFP2?

BTW: They reallllllyyyyy should change the physics model of tanks and all those other vehicles,  How realistic is it, when you crash with an F-15 plane with 400 mph in a cliff that it just turns into a black wreck who falls down (or should I say glide) the cliff and not to mention the fact that the wreck crumbles...( ;D :D)   Andd of course the sounds... The Ak-47 and the M16 sound like pussy-pistols, and especially rockets fired from flying vehicles, Its just not realistic in this way, ( Dont get me wrong, I think OFP is the best wargame out there, But it could be more realistic,)

Ok its way off topic but I had to say this... Finally it got off my heart. :D

Mat Herben

« Reply #6 on: 20 Aug 2003, 23:37:43 »
Andd of course the sounds... The Ak-47 and the M16 sound like girl thingy-pistols,

Lol, I didnt type girl thingy, I typed P*U^S^S*Y Pistols.

;D D-a-.m-n filter. lol

Drozdov

« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2003, 17:41:04 »
I'm rather worried about OFP 2.... the wide range of fighting locations suggests to me that you will only be allowed to play the Americans  :o. Which would be a disaster. I've not been an American soldier in OFP for about a year  ::). Also, it's set largely in fucking Vietnam! I'm fed up of these bloody fucking combat games set in 'nam! Just cause one company did it doesn't mean everyone has to. Grr  >:(.

swift88

« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2003, 19:12:47 »
and thats where mods come into play...............................

bigdog632

« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2003, 07:57:35 »
if 2 is as openly customizable as 1 but with improvements you could prolley fight on the moon if you wanted

Drozdov

« Reply #10 on: 22 Aug 2003, 17:45:40 »
I know, but I'm not much of a modder. I'd rather enjoy the game as it's meant to be... they are, after all, much better game designers than us folks  ;). Although, I have spent far more time in the Editor than playing the campaigns....

bigdog632

« Reply #11 on: 23 Aug 2003, 04:13:41 »
im sure at some point OFP2 will reverse sides or maybe a different game with the same engine will arise that is void of us americans altogether

GrimMonkey

« Reply #12 on: 23 Aug 2003, 04:17:57 »
Well, I see that my whole thread's point was thrown out the window. Anyway, can someone move this topic? I don't know how.

Will anyone take the challenge of writing an addon or script so that infantry may shoot out of a moving chopper? It just became important for a mission I want to make.

KyleSarnik

« Reply #13 on: 23 Aug 2003, 06:51:52 »
You can allready do that in the BAS MH-47E...

GrimMonkey

« Reply #14 on: 23 Aug 2003, 07:14:23 »
I meant shooting while sitting down in a Littlebird or a Heuy, or BAS's Blackhawks. Besides, I can't get it to work :help:.