Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Un-Impossible Mission  (Read 66501 times)

Munk D

Re:Impossible Mission
« Reply #45 on: 02 Jan 2004, 17:40:04 »
I only used the saves I gained during the mission. I think it was down to me using my men to distract the AI while I crawled to the flag then fucked off south ASAP  ;)

cameronmc

« Reply #46 on: 03 Jan 2004, 03:27:45 »
I tried this and died. Lots. Hahahaha! Nah, only about 5 times. But I finished it! (I'd send the screenshots, but my cpu has no power - freakin blackouts). Score was 6600 - and that was with some friendly kills (sorry bout the BMP ambo).

Haha - if all else fails, set your men to danger, and prone - as long as noone chucks grenades, you can't lose!

Took me about 5 hours like that though.  :o

Anyway, cheers all.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #47 on: 05 Jan 2004, 22:22:21 »
Ooooooooook, I'll try this out. I know it's quite old but I want to beta test and this is the newest, quite addon free, SP, non-SEB NAM, and that I hand't allready tested that I could find.

:beat: *Gets Macgubad* :beat:

Kaliyuga

« Reply #48 on: 05 Jan 2004, 23:20:36 »
Kali - you've been deposed as my OFP hero.

Hmm does that mean I need to beat this again then?

Still if you look at my screenshot waay back there you'll see that I had a finishing time of 1h and 21min, with 52 kills accounting for a score of 7660, and four of those little silver button deals   :o , so are we going for score or time here? ;)

Looking back I do want to play with Deaddog's suggestion of using the FDF Mod with this mission for fun so maybe I'll try and put up a better score to rightfully reclaim my status ... lol   ;D

:cheers:

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #49 on: 06 Jan 2004, 00:56:32 »
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! My beta was deleted. Oh fuck! I've written so much!

Bloody hell!

I'll just take the cons and pros then:

pros:
+ no bugs
+ allow tactical desicions
+ non-linear
+ panicing gameplay(don't usaully like this but in this mission its perfect)
cons:
- hard in the base
- rather weak camera
- rather weak overview
- rather weak briefing
- a lot of frustrating retry button pressing
- No limit on morphine

I finnsihed the mission in 48 mins and cleared the base+reinforcements all by myself. No cheats used. 8)

I used so much morphine I have to see strange colours for the rest of my life now.

I see myself as a bad to avarge player, this mission is not impossible, it's hard but it shouldn't be called impossible.

:beat: *Gets Impossibled* :beat:

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #50 on: 06 Jan 2004, 11:25:57 »
I've read the thread and man, you guys sux in OFP. Why am I getting killed so often in MP if I owned you?

Only Kali made it and he used Savegame cheat. I think that'll make me the OFP Hero. ;)

I got around 20000 in score, I'll upload pics( 8) ) later.

I might tell you my story too. :P

:beat: *Gets Best* :beat:

EDIT: Sorry, it was just 16000, but I own u anyway. ;D
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2004, 11:33:08 by The real Armstrong »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #51 on: 06 Jan 2004, 11:52:02 »
http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload4/Shithot.gif

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload4/shithot2.GIF

I own you m8s!

My story:
OK, mission starts. I'm all like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" and throws myself behind jeeps or wtf it is, anyway, I get shot, and if I dont get shot I lost half of my squad. So on the 4th or 5th try I just ran to the south as soon as I started. Lost one man. Got to the civvies(love 4x speed)and grabbed the chopper, too bad it had no ammo, I tried to reload it with the Ural Ammo but that didnt work. Why?
Anyway, so I fly away since the chopper had no ammo it was quite useless. I parad down just above the flag along with my men. Most of them died in the landing. I was all like "YOU BASTARDS! CAPITALIST BASTARDS! YOU STINK! HOW COULD U VOTE FOR BUSH YOU STUPID F*CKS!? GRENADES HURT EH?!". Saved. It took me a few tries to get to the flag pole until I relized that the flag automaticly changes. Doh!
Reinforcements dropped in, I got scared to death. After a quick clearing of the flag area(there was about 10-15 infantry) I left my men there to take any reinforcements while I ran off to the base, what you have to do for your men eh?
4x speed, I ran just to the left of a sniper but I deared not to stop since he would kill me easy if I were a still target, I just ran and got wounded by him several times, I love morphine.
When I got outside the base(SW)I saved again, started to pick some infantry down around and in the base with my M21. Then all of a sudden some brilliant US CO came up with the idea to snipe me! I had like 3 or 4 snipers on me! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Shit! Shit! I just ran my ass off trying to hid in the base, and what waites me there? 3 fuckin Bradleys! Luckily I had 3 LAWs left since I hadnt used any so I started to blow the bradleys and picking of the infantry. At least when I stayed in the sides of the base the walls would cover me from the sniper fire. I saved once the bradleys were killed and then that stupid CO came up with another idea, send in some friggn choppas! ARGH! Choppas aint bad when you're infantry, I guess, but somehow these were. If they had a line of fire they gave me hell by sending in some 30mm presents. Stupid captialistic bastards.
I started to clear out the area of infantry, hiding behind houses to avoid chopper and sniper fire. Most of the infantry were cleared out and what happens? An Abrams rolled in! Followed by a Bradley and some jeeps+MG and infantry. He oughta be kiddn I thought. Crap. 4th Save.
I started to play hide and seek. There weren't many LAWs in the base, I think there were 3 in an ammo crate, 3 in a truck and 3 in a dead body. Reinforcements continued to drop in the whole friggn time, I only killed like 10-20 infantry guys before I got here so thats not a surprise but that makes the base so bloody hard! Some comical situations turned up when I tried to shot a chopper with LAWs and my only cover from an Abram was a truck which was my last LAW scource, if it would've blowed up I was doomed. Eventually, after much retrying and loading I finally beat em, on my own! And whats left? I had one man still alive which I had called down in the last minute from the hill, though it was just a few infantry guys left he didnt really do anything.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #52 on: 06 Jan 2004, 21:42:12 »
lol I love these stories.   ;D ;D   Thank you everybody for having a go.   Will write a proper post when I get time.  ;)     Keep up the good work.   Kali, you don't have to try the current version its not that different from the last one.  It's the next one that will be really .... um ..... testing.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Kaliyuga

« Reply #53 on: 06 Jan 2004, 21:54:43 »
I've read the thread and man, you guys sux in OFP. Why am I getting killed so often in MP if I owned you?

::)    Anytime you want to test that very interesting theory of yours out, let me know ::)

As long as it's not past your bedtime or on a school night for you ::)

Also bear in mind that this is a new version since I played it last , and the version that I played didnt have the morphine that all you junkies are raving on about ... lol  
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2004, 22:04:26 by Kaliyuga »

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #54 on: 06 Jan 2004, 23:35:02 »
lol, the morphine compensates your savegame cheats. ;D

EDIT: But Kali's prooly better than me, I just got the hill more easy by using that chopper I have to meet him some day in MP, once I get a lower ping. :P

« Last Edit: 07 Jan 2004, 00:45:02 by The real Armstrong »

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #55 on: 07 Jan 2004, 00:26:38 »
Still if you look at my screenshot waay back there you'll see that I had a finishing time of 1h and 21min, with 52 kills accounting for a score of 7660, and four of those little silver button deals   :o , so are we going for score or time here? ;)

you could do points earned (score) per minute of gameplay (time) :P

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #56 on: 11 Jan 2004, 23:14:44 »
i beter dan ya armsty :P

2 times using morphine (1 after i falled wen runing)
only da saves macca gave us (used 2)
on vet mode
67 kills if i aint wrong
58 mins
5 golden stars
14960 points :P ;D

http://lcd23.tripod.com/impos_mis.JPG (oder 10 G36 soldiers on da oderpage)

it was lots easier dan last taam  :-\ it seemsw dat da enemies r lot less dan last time ? da only hard part was @ da start (startin near lot of soldiers but we solved it (w/ no1 dead  8)) by telin all get prone nd scanin horizon (i started in a town 2 da east of da hill) - den i left em dere (after killin 2 M2A2s nd som jeeps nd da soldiers nd did da mision alone (w/ num 2 behind me so i can check my position :P using report status) mebe all da enemies attacked da rest of da team ? using guard WP ? nd da oder thing was da end part it took me ages clearing every1 around it nd it didnt end - dere were groups coming 1 after 1 - nd i was runin on X4 waitin til som1 started shoting (but dey sux didnt hit me hard - nd dere was medic tent dere so i didnt use morphine ;)) 2 kill em - nd i even got da 2 M1A1 u realy shud change da endin condition i think

bugs/sugestions list

1) make somin nice 4 da morphin - use 2 much get som effects :P mebe use resources 2 paint da playersworld in some funky solors (nd even change em quick wen he uses it lot of taamz)
2)plz gimme intel on da enemies air abilites - so i cn know how meny AA launcher i shud bring :P
3) GPS - i got 1 of ma soldiers following me just 2 get mapos
4)ma start point wasnt da para point (on da breing) i didnt noticei didnt start dere - nd start running east while i shud had run west (even tho i di notice it somtaam later n changed ;D)

:cheers:

LCD OUT

P.S im ya hero right ? ;)  :-*
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2004, 23:17:38 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #57 on: 12 Jan 2004, 07:43:51 »
i beter dan ya armsty :P

I still got more in score than u, and lesser time! I'm still the hero. ;D 8)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #58 on: 12 Jan 2004, 12:04:35 »
played on vet ? :P

its not ma fault dat da mision didint wanna end ::)

o also used less morphine ;) :P

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2004, 12:08:03 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #59 on: 12 Jan 2004, 17:43:55 »
of course I played on vet. 8)

Because u wasn't good enough to kick every1 arse. ;D