Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Realistic explosion MOD!  (Read 4295 times)

goldmember13

Realistic explosion MOD!
« on: 29 Jun 2003, 15:07:56 »
Modified explosion effect in config.bin

I changed some values in "class Explosion" so explosion effects (shell,rocket and other) look far more
realistic than original.

Installation:
Just copy config.cpp to OperationFlashpoint\Res\Bin directory. If you feel uncomfortable to do this,
you can use it a separate MOD too.

Installation as separate MOD:

1) Unzip and copy Newexplosion folder to your Operationflashpoint directory. It will create a new subfolder tree and put the new config.cpp files there.
2) Right-click on your Resistance shortcut on your desktop and select "Create Shortcut". A new shortcut will appear on your desktop.
3) Right-click on that new shortcut and rename it to "Newexplosion Mod".
4) Edit the new shortcut properties and add "-mod=Newexplosion" (minus the quotes) at the end of the target field. Make sure there is a space between FlashpointResistence.exe and -mod=Newexplosion

link to: newexpl.zip

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/users/5c40e5c/bc/My+Documents/newexpl.zip?bcgLu_.AleCRBQQX

Rubble_Maker

Re:Realistic explosion MOD!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2003, 22:48:30 »
Hi

this sounds awesome, but the link is dead (or at least it was when I tried).
Also, did you try to include this mod in an addon or an description.ext?

goldmember13

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2003, 23:29:24 »
Damm it! It is true.

I just uploaded to editors depot - pending list.  I hope the admin won't be delete it. ( to admin: a don't upload it ot addon depot because I do not have addon TAG)

If someone could grant me a download place I will be happy.

Vyper

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2003, 00:44:17 »
I'll see what i can do for you....i'm gonna try download as soon as i close this post...think of an addon tag and PM me and i'll try and put it up on the site.  In what way are they more realistic? just curious

Vyper

goldmember13

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2003, 15:28:58 »
I'll see what i can do for you....i'm gonna try download as soon as i close this post...think of an addon tag and PM me and i'll try and put it up on the site.  In what way are they more realistic? just curious

Vyper

I have changed the Cloudletshape to "cl_fire" thus effect looks fire-like
and besides I modified some values to shape explosion.

The key values that is worth to change in "class Explosion":

- cloudletAlpha: density of explosion (or flames)

- cloudletFadeOut: time while explosion fading out

- cloudletMinYSpeed and cloudletMaxYSpeed: Upspeed range of explosion

- size: size of one flame

- sourceSize: spread of explosion

( Viper! My addontag let be "GMR")

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jul 2003, 10:25:54 »
Awesome. Just tried this new config, and all I can say is well done!.  The changes are more realistic and more believable than the stock orange/yellow OFP explosion effects.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #6 on: 01 Jul 2003, 18:15:04 »
could someone post some pictures?

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #7 on: 01 Jul 2003, 19:33:33 »
Monkey, just download from the pending list and install into your ofp\res\bin folder; its easy.

@goldmember13

The effect looks nice! I'd love to see more explosion effects like these (different types of explosions). Have you tried adding new explosions for new ammo types? I think what sucks in ofp is not only that the explosions don't look too mind boggling, but that they all look the same! It'd be great to have a new effect for each kind of shell, rocket or missile.

Rubble out

Yahoo Reborn

« Reply #8 on: 01 Jul 2003, 19:42:01 »
Well you cannot change the explosions  etc for each shell and rocket.the amount of dammage per shot is what chooses what explosion to create.

Nice to see you again Rubble Maker :)

goldmember13

« Reply #9 on: 01 Jul 2003, 21:27:54 »
Monkey, just download from the pending list and install into your ofp\res\bin folder; its easy.

@goldmember13

The effect looks nice! I'd love to see more explosion effects like these (different types of explosions). Have you tried adding new explosions for new ammo types? I think what sucks in ofp is not only that the explosions don't look too mind boggling, but that they all look the same! It'd be great to have a new effect for each kind of shell, rocket or missile.

Rubble out

As I know Only one class "class Explosion" handling explosions in config.bin. But there is slight difference between shell(heat) and missile(rocket) explosion. Missile(rocket) explosion is wider. And hitpoints also affects the size.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #10 on: 01 Jul 2003, 21:30:38 »
There's a pretty major bug that happens if you draw a pistol, you can't move or swap weapons.

Also, there's no longer an animation for reloading a rifle grenade, and there's no reloading pause to speak of now, so when I use this config with the WWIIEC British PIAT soldier as an AI, he starts machine-gunning people with his AT launcher  :o

Nice 'splosions though, look like the ones on the back of the Resistance box.

goldmember13

« Reply #11 on: 01 Jul 2003, 22:42:26 »
Those pistol bug can be resolved if you  convert cpp file to bin format. I tested and worked fine. Use amalfi cc2bin utility. It can be download from editors depot. (maybe other problems you mentioned will be disappeared too)

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #12 on: 01 Jul 2003, 22:51:23 »
Isn't it possible to define the Explosions class in an addon's config or maybe a description.ext? I'm not gonna change the game's original bin files; that's  a taboo ;)

Yahoo Reborn

« Reply #13 on: 01 Jul 2003, 23:21:26 »
No Suma said it is not possible to create new explosions in addons or configs it has to be changed in the config.bin  :'(  :'(.

goldmember13

« Reply #14 on: 01 Jul 2003, 23:32:37 »
Isn't it possible to define the Explosions class in an addon's config or maybe a description.ext? I'm not gonna change the game's original bin files; that's  a taboo ;)

The best you can do that use this as separate MOD. No config.bin problem.
Bytheway lots of addon works with it. ( now testing)