Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: EMPTY THE CLIP  (Read 573 times)

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
EMPTY THE CLIP
« on: 26 Jun 2003, 02:35:38 »
How do I get an actor in a cutscene to empty his clip?  I used "fire" and he will fire only once.  I want him to empty the clip, full auto, for a cutscene.

Wolf

Re:EMPTY THE CLIP
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2003, 06:12:07 »
I've done this many times, place an empty, west jeep with machine gun outside the camera site, with a name, lets say T1, and either put this in the units init line
This dofire T1
Or name the guys, and put it in a trigger's on activation
Soldier dofire T1

However, this will make him keep firing until he's used up all his ammo, and generaly any grenades he has.
So if you only want  him to fire one clip, I suggest removing all his weapons and ammo wit
Removeallweapons this (I think thats the command)
Add one magazine first, and then the weapon.
And he will do what you want.
I hope that helps do what you want.

EDIT
I almost forgot, the jeep must be at a 90 degree angle to the guy shooting at it, this will basically make him fire at the jeep, but not actually hit anything, thus making no noise of hitting the jeep.
« Last Edit: 26 Jun 2003, 06:13:52 by Wolf »

Offline Zombie

• Members
    • USI
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jun 2003, 10:58:19 »
Thanks, that's almost perfect.  It must make a difference what the target is?  I tried this with an armored target and he wouldn't shoot.  Is there anyway to make him "rock and roll" without laying down tho?  The scene I want is like in the Rambo movie where he empties the m60 on the radio equipment.  My actor will fire and reload his machine gun but does it laying down.  We have worked out a partial solution to my scene, thanks for any help  

Wolf

« Reply #3 on: 26 Jun 2003, 16:36:33 »
Yep, also put this in his init field.
This setunitpos "up"
This will make him stand up, and he will only lie down if he's badly injured.
Note, that using this will make it impossible for him to put his gun on his back. However, since its a cutscene, I doubt that will matter, but it will make him stand up no matter what.

Offline Zombie

• Members
    • USI
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2003, 00:15:22 »
Fantastic!  Thanks, I figured it was something easy.  Appreciate the assist