Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Simple Flag Q  (Read 1564 times)

B-2-0

Simple Flag Q
« on: 23 Jun 2003, 15:10:24 »
Ok, i know how to make flag sets and scoring systems for CTF and C&H (thanx to Tacticians tutes ;D) but i am making a co-op mission and i want the objective to be complete when the player takes down the East flag and raises the Resistance one but i can't figure out how to do it....lol

I can get take the flag and it returns to the pole but the texture doesn't switch....it just stays as East ???

I have tried chopping and snipping a C&H capture script but it doesn't work.

I have also searched the forums to no avail....i know this will be something really simple that can be done with one trigger and no script....lol....please help ???

Thanx in advance :thumbsup:

B-2-0

Re:Simple Flag Q
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2003, 20:35:07 »
 :o Moved ???

Isn't nescesarily(typo?) a MP question Wolfrug  :P but never mind ;D

I don't know...1 small mention of MP... ::)

Basicly i just need to know how to get a player to take an enemy flag and replace it with his own to complete an objective :)

But yes, it is for a MP mission :P

Mr.BoDean

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2003, 21:24:48 »
:o Moved ???

Isn't nescesarily(typo?) a MP question Wolfrug  :P but never mind ;D

I don't know...1 small mention of MP... ::)

Basicly i just need to know how to get a player to take an enemy flag and replace it with his own to complete an objective :)

But yes, it is for a MP mission :P

...and with that, he was banished to the land of "MP" .  A place where most mere mortals cannot endure the wait in which time their question may or may not be answered .......   :'(   :'(

I know what you mean,man. Learned my lesson a long time ago, since it can  take 12-24 hours longer to get a Q answered over here.  :-\ Hope you don't have any problems with sound or cutscenes.  ;)

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2003, 23:39:38 »
1 way to do it is to just make a trigger at the flagpole set off by resistance and when a resistance unit gets there,
"flagname" setflagside Resistance
Not exactly the effect you were shooting for because they don't have to remove the flag, just get close enough to the pole, hope this helps...

Tactician

« Reply #4 on: 28 Jun 2003, 02:22:43 »
Two triggers.

(first, init wingame = false)

===

Trigger Name: Raise Flag S
Condition: local Server AND !isNull flagOwner flagName
Activation: flagName setFlagTexture "texture.ext"; wingame = true; publicVariable "wingame"

===

Trigger Name: Raise Flag C
Condition: wingame
Activation: (whatever you want)

===

Note that setFlagTexture is public and only needs to be run by the server.

B-2-0

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2003, 11:12:51 »
Thanx guys!! :)

@ Mr BoDean - So i am not alone in this abbys that is the MP forum?  It's a good job MP master Tactician passes through these parts every so often ;D

@ Tactician - Much appreciated Tac....not quite got to grips with local/global/public whatnots yet....can u point me in the direction of any tutes that might help me??

[Edit] I just noticed...the raising of the flag is not to complete the mission, only an objective....what do i need to change?

Thanx again!! :cheers: :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2003, 11:21:28 by B-2-0 »

Offline Zombie

• Members
  • Beware the night, the zombie walks among you
    • USI
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2003, 11:21:17 »
lol, no your not alone here.  I spend more time lurking than answering but I come here several times a day.  Tac has hit it square again, didn't think about that angle but it should work better than mine.

Tactician

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jun 2003, 17:12:07 »
All you need to change is the name of the variable, from 'wingame' to whatever you want :P  Or, if nothing is supposed to happen when the flag is taken, just delete the Raise Flag C trigger and the flag texture change will still happen.

B-2-0

« Reply #8 on: 08 Jul 2003, 14:54:55 »
Spot on as usual Tac :) :thumbsup:

As u can prolly tell, i aint that clued-up on variables.....are there any tutes that explain how they work and ways they can be used?
« Last Edit: 08 Jul 2003, 15:09:09 by B-2-0 »