Kicking our mission editing competition series off is a sniper mission contest, code named, Invisible Killers. We are challenging community editors to come up with something unique and awesome.
- The entry must be constructed from any of the the Arma 2 titles including Iron Front.
- All Community members are welcome
- Each entry must be single-player and contain a proper Overview, Briefing and cinematic Intro and Outro
- You may submit more than one entry
- All entries MUST contain a Readme file in the download, crediting content from others, be it original or modified scripts etc. Failure to disclose or deliberate false representation is automatic disqualification
- Community addons are welcome, up to 500MB. That's an upper limit, NOT a minimum limit!
- No automatically/globally activated mods, e.g. AI mods, sound mods. Feel free to suggest using them, but do not make it a requirement (judging will be done without the mods loaded)
- No Total Conversion Mods, e.g. ACE, SLX. Feel free to make them compatible or optional, but not required (judging will be done without the mods loaded)
- You will be penalized for mistakes the addon maker has made! If the addon throws up error messages, causes havoc in the .rpt, is unoptimized, ugly, sounds bad or doesn't work properly, this will reflect in your score. So choose wisely if you decide to use addons!
The competition begins today with a deadline of 8th July 2012, 00:00 GMT. Entries submitted after this time will not be accepted.
The entries will be judged by a panel of anonymous Community members. The categories which entries will be judged on are as follows:
- Originality - How fresh and creative the mission is
- Immersion - How captivating the mission is
- Technical framework - How well the mission design works
- Replayability - How freely the player can adopt his own tactics
- Overall - How the mission fits together as a whole
All entries that are found complete and free of bugs will be uploaded to OFPEC's Mission Depot Archives to stand alongside the greats from the past.
If you would like to become a judge for this contest, you must own a legal copy of...
- Arma2 & Arma 2 OA OR Arma 2 CO
- Iron Front Liberation 1944
- Own a Skype account for participation in discussions among other judges.
Contact one of the Admins for further details.
In cooperation with X1Software and AWAR
Top three winners each receive
- Iron Front Libration 1944 USB bullet and dogtag
1st Place winner will also take home
For questions or comments, feel free to post them in the MEC 2012 Invisible Killers thread.