Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: group HALO  (Read 1816 times)

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
group HALO
« on: 06 Jul 2009, 10:00:53 »
Hey,

I create a mission and the begining, the player's group (the player isn't the leader) inserted by HALO.
First try I create a script using forEach and call the official BIS HALO script for each member of the group, but wait 1 second between two jump.

It works, but every jump caused a black screen on the jump and on the landing too. It was ugly, so I check the offical script and I found that two "black out" part on jumping and on landing. So I copy a local version of that script and rename it and delete the black out parts. And I check, if the member is the player, I call the original version, but if the member is an AI, I call my version without black out. It works.

I have two problems:

1., while the player is in the air - since jump to landing - the screen is jumping. I mean, I saw two version from the view but jumping very fast, so I see the landscape, the houses and the road, but I see two houses and two roads... (sorry, but I don't know the exact English word for this). It's very ugly. But when I landed, the screen became nice.

2., is it possible to force the AI to steer the steerable para? I mean, they just jump and fall and open the parachute in low, but not change direction... So I have to time and position the Osprey plane to fallen the AI soldires in the right place, becase they don't want aim the LZ.

If it's help to answer me, this is the mission.
Fix bayonet!

Offline sharkattack

• Former Staff
Re: group HALO
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jul 2009, 20:14:27 »
hi mate

im having similar problems with ai halo units ... shame you cant command them in flight 
i also found that when they deploy their chutes most of the time they loose control of them  and do a spiraling nosedive to the ground and die .

anyone who can shed some light on this  ? 
"HOLY SARDINE" - see Shark-Attack meet his match

Offline Snake Man

• CWR
  • PMC since 1984
    • PMC Tactical
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2009, 10:06:41 »
Hi bardosy

AI cannot use HALO parachute system, they just cannot move (drive) them, sorry.

There was typo in the grouphalojump.sqf where it said "slepp" instead of sleep. Also note that when you use sleep, you dont have to use (1) for the time, just use sleep 1; and its fine.

I know this isnt beta testing your mission, but to fix the specific halo problem, but at the mission start you have the titletext on plain DOWN, this overlaps the squad radio and I could not see any text on the screen. You might want to change that to just "plain" on the center of the screen.

Why you start HALO jump from 500 meters? eh, that is not a HALO jump. Wikipedia says: In a typical HALO/HAHO insertions, the troops are dispatched from altitudes between 25,000 feet (7,600 m) and 35,000 feet (11,000 m). here).

I did HALO jump mission from 10km, it is so cool to drop down from that alt, you can reach the airfield from the south coast by just dropping :)
PMC Tactical. ArmA, ArmA 2, ArmA 3, Falcon 4 and OFP.
http://www.pmctactical.org and http://pmc.editing.wiki
Snake Man, PMC.

Offline bardosy

• Honoured Contributor
  • campaign designer
    • CartooDiv
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jul 2009, 10:23:44 »
Thanks for the answer and the help.

If I fix the "slepp" problem, it will fix the flashing/double screen? I'll try it...

I used 500m altitude, because of AI don't fallen drivable. If I would use 1000m, the AI group will wash away double distance from the target and it caused a several problems in the mission.

Thanks again!
Fix bayonet!