Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Shaky Camera (Wanted)  (Read 1832 times)

Offline SaBrE

• Members
  • I was once a Llama
    • www.Armed-Assault-Zone.com
Shaky Camera (Wanted)
« on: 29 Mar 2007, 21:49:48 »
I just wondered if there's any way to make the view of the player (if it has to be a cutscene then so be it) to shake around i.e. from shock. In my mission a nearby building explodes and collapses and I just don't want the player's view to be steady as it happens. I have no idea if it's possible. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Can you HELP?

Offline Brandon

• Members
Re: Shaky Camera (Wanted)
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2007, 21:58:45 »
A lot of people use a "gamepad" but, I don't want to go out and buy a game controller for a movie that only 300 people are going to watch.

Example: My movies: http://youtube.com/Coldkilla9

I would like to know how they do this as well. I've seen this done in some videos when:

A. The chopper rotors get close to the camera.
B. When rockets shoot past the camera.
C. Misc other things.

Currently I have my Bulldozer (camera) commands set to joystick. However, shaking the camera seems almost impossible. I am too awaiting a responce for this inquiry.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2007, 22:55:45 »
Upon reading the title I thought about a feature present in most OFP cutscenes (haven't viewed many in ArmA, but never noticed it).
Most people made the camera and then targeted the camera at units. Let's say a soldier, any type. When a soldier walks his head moves up and down so in most cutscenes with camera's targeted on units - the camera got shaky.

This seems to be what you guys are looking for. Brandon, the Youtube movie you link to features the same thing. The camera gets shaky when targeting the AA missile, that is because the AA missile itself moves - left / right and up / down. So a shaky camera is definitely possible, I don't think a shaky 'normal play vision' is possible though.

EDIT: just noticed this. Might be interesting, as it is more or less an example of the things described above.
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2007, 23:58:37 by Cheetah »
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline SaBrE

• Members
  • I was once a Llama
    • www.Armed-Assault-Zone.com
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2007, 15:16:33 »
Thanks a lot. I'll try it out when I get round to this part of my mission but I haven't done cutscenes before  :sorry: I'll read up on all the tutorials and stuff then ask the questions.
Can you HELP?

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2007, 21:39:06 »
before the database was wiped of everything since last october, i submitted a shakycam resource for testing. it was written for OFP, and is still a bit clunky, but could well be adapted for ArmA. take a look, see if it's of any use.

OFP missionette attached to show it in action.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2007, 23:53:18 »
One editors problem is sometimes another editors solution: check this;)

EDIT: apparently this was pointed out several hours ago. Silly me  :-[
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Brandon

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 05 Apr 2007, 00:44:01 »
I want a camera to shake like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqnQQwcVKVQ

55 seconds in.