Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Camera Shaky  (Read 1677 times)

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
Camera Shaky
« on: 29 Mar 2007, 20:58:22 »
Hi

I've just setup a camera script and it works, but the camera movement is very shaky when moving. It makes the camera script look really bad, so is there any way to stop it?

Code: [Select]
_cam = "camera" camcreate [0,0,0]
_cam cameraeffect ["internal", "back"]
_cam camsettarget player
_cam camsetrelpos [15,20,25]
_cam camcommit 0
~3
_cam camsettarget object1
_cam camsetrelpos [23,40,40]
_cam camcommit 4

I've been playing around with it and it's always shaky. I've tried slowing the camcommit part down, but it just shakes slowly. The only way It looks good is to do camcommit 0 and go directly to the object.

My FPS is 30-40 during the cutscene.

Does the script do the same for you? Is this an ArmA bug?

Thanks for your help.

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Camera Shaky
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2007, 21:03:06 »
the reason it is shaky is that you are positioning the camera relative to the player, which shakes. try using

Code: [Select]
_cam camsettarget [getpos player select 0, getpos player select 1, 1.8]

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2007, 21:09:47 »
Nope, it didn't appear to make a difference.

The camera shakes. I've tried moving the distance between the 2 objects aswell and that slightly moved the small jumping/shaky effect. But then this removes the use of the camera since I don't want the unit where I have put it.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2007, 00:30:06 »
I think that it has to do mainly with the positioning of the two objects - well player and object1. After some experimenting on Rahmadi, with your script, by using a soldier (player) and jeepwreck3 (object1) I did see some minor camera movement (shaky movement) as the camera is almost at the final position viewing the wreck.

This could be caused by moving objects, although I don't think that's the cause. More likely (using stationary objects, mainly a stationary object1) the problem is that the ArmA engine doesn't return the same position of object1 causing the camera to shake or switch targets. How to solve this? Use the [] exec "camera.sqs" to get to the director's seat and move the camera to the final position of the camera (the final position of the camera viewing the object). Press the LMB (leftmousebutton) and paste the code into your cutscene camera script. Change the camCommit value to something that fits your needs and pray for the best.

If that doesn't work, could I have a setup of the mission or the mission (or a mission with the player and object1 at the correct positions on the map)?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline JasonO

• OFPEC Patron
  • Oh no...
    • The New Life RPG
« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2007, 04:35:14 »
I ditched the idea of moving between objects as  I did something I thought looks better. It fades in and out and switches between the objects while it's faded out.