Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: destruction inside trigger  (Read 1783 times)

gadolinite

Re:destruction inside trigger
« Reply #15 on: 02 Jun 2003, 02:30:43 »
 :'(if you do this loop buisness, it crashes the game (does not tell you why in error message) because of an overflow.  

:oIf I limit the incriments, it does not destroy the objects, they all remain, I tried playing around with your posted snippet, with the setdammage command, but no luck.

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 02 Jun 2003, 14:32:03 »
Christ!!! You really wanna blow the entire island???

Just how big is Your trigger area?

I would simply try spreading mines around in the trigger area and make them blow from the trigger. The explosion would also be louder I guess and it would affect anything, trees, houses, soldiers, etc...

:P I always try to make it simple!
Back to the forest!

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #17 on: 02 Jun 2003, 17:14:40 »

Simple yea, thats how missions become FINISHED and PLAYABLE.  8) ;D
Only, the mumboScrollBrainies like Sui & Co. find their pleasure in solving puzzles rather than firing m16's or scuds  ::) ;D :booty:

how is it you setdammage 1 to everything within a trigger area...

Tell ya what man, let it explode on a spot where ya don't have too many objects. Add some custom buildings if nessesary and then set up TWO triggers - identical trigg's that is - and put them upon each other, just to be sure that everyone inside will be killed.

About the "_x setDammage 1" foreach Thislist:

I know it only kills men & vehicles, but you can easily add a tiny list of object ID's.

::) Not a probbby that would cause MY mission to hold...  :) Go ahead, an' leave the mathBeats to their labyrinth of senseless calculations  8) ;D ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #18 on: 02 Jun 2003, 17:38:32 »
@ Tomb - no u have wrong point dere :P (dis is da reason u need mumboScrollBrainies  :P)

da

"_x setDammage 1" foreach Thislist

wil not work on not user placed objects (or if u wan i can call it default objects ;D) :P

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
« Reply #19 on: 02 Jun 2003, 23:47:31 »

Tomb...(setDammage)... wil not work on not user placed objects

:-X True, and thats why I said:

I know it only kills men & vehicles, but you can easily add a tiny list of object ID's.

...which was (granted) perhaps bad expressed (as if YOU would care, of all ppl)  ;D but what I did try to say is that he could easily add a few NAMED ( name == ID) buildings and setDamm THEM in the "on activ." fields together with the "_X-men", so to speak.  :afro:

harrgh... all this missile impact crap - I always simply create a few LGB's, they usually do the job just fine  8) ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #20 on: 02 Jun 2003, 23:56:57 »
yep - da best way - LGB da area  :o

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta