Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ****Skiptime****  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Burn

• Members
****Skiptime****
« on: 26 May 2003, 22:50:30 »
Greeetings people  :wave:. I'm hawing a little trouble when it comes to time skipping. I'm making a intro where you will see a bunch of armed civilians steal some tanks and trucks from some Nato troops. When that is done they drive off behind some hills. Now for the tricky part... after the above scene is shot, I would want a location change (the civilian terrorists occupies a town) whole new time of day and sunny weather (@ the above scene it's cloudy, raining and early morning).
How would I go about when doing this ???...
I'm totally worthless when it comes to scripting :'( :-[, so it would be much appreciated if someone could help me with the scripting part of things. All that help will of course be mentioned in the credits part of my mission.
 :help:Millions of thanx in advance :joystick:

Captain Winters

Re:****Skiptime****
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2003, 23:03:34 »
I think these would work:

0 setOvercast 0
0 setRain 0

should take away the could and stop the rain!

Tanks! 8-)

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2003, 23:09:17 »
 :wow:Thanx for the fast reply Captain Winters  :thumbsup:.
That clears the weather problem...
Now how about the location change, and time of day?
Thanx again  :cheers:

Captain Winters

« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2003, 01:08:59 »
For The Location Thingy:
All you need to do is set up a game logic and name it something then use the following command to have the unit there automatically without moving!

unit setPos getPos gamelogic or other unit u layed.

To change the time of day simply just use the following command!

00 skipTime amount of time to skip

Easy Peasy Japanesy!

Tanks! 8-)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2003, 12:03:32 »
If its a completely different location, you don't need to use setpos ... just set up the scene there as you want it to be.  The units from the first part of the intro won't get in the way.    Obviously you can make camera shots anywhere, so just film the second part in the usual way.

If the locations are close you can still use a second set of units.    However you would then have to deleteVehicle the first lot so that they don't get inthe way.

A blackout, titletext "some hours later", and a blackin is probably the best way to cover the sudden changes, which obviously happen during the blackout.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Burn

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2003, 20:04:16 »
 :wow:Thank you both for your terriffic solutions, I really appreciate it. Thanks a million trillion times :-* :cheers:
I'll probloby be back soon, with a nother nut for u guys to crack :D
Untill then... see ya :wave: ;D  :cheers:
 :joystick: