Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Outro win loose??  (Read 416 times)

Tobruk

Outro win loose??
« on: 23 May 2003, 05:26:20 »
Okay my mission is nearly finished. I just need to figure out how to set up Outro-win and Outro-loose.

Right now, either the win plays with both mission success or failure, or nothing plays except a short end(#) scene corresponding with the trigger.

I notice that when I unpack some missions they have an outro.sqs file. Mine doesn't have that eventhough I created them in the mission editor.

Any advice? BTW check FAQ and TuT with no suitable help.

B-2-0

Re:Outro win loose??
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2003, 05:33:39 »
I'm not totally sure on this but, don't you just compose a cutscene, call it outro.sqs or whatever and create an and end trig that when activated executes outro.sqs??

[Edit] Oh, hang on, i have mis-read your post.....you are saying you have created the outro and exported the mission and it is not there?
« Last Edit: 23 May 2003, 05:36:10 by B-2-0 »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2003, 08:37:43 »
Outro loose is triggered only when the mission has a Loose ending.    Any numbered ending - End#4 for example - will trigger the win outro.    It's important to remember that loose has nothing to do with lose.

If you create your outros using only the mission editor then you won't have any script files.    The game doesn't create any - it's all in the mission.sqm.   If you want to create a camera script for your outro you can call it whatever you like.   Obviously you need to call it right at the start of the outro in question.

Hope that clears things up a little.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Tobruk

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2003, 04:16:12 »
Thanks for that Macguba, I set up it up just as you said. Should the Outros play in mission briefing mode? Or do they only work in full mission play?

The reason I'm asking is because in preview testing they are not playing. ::)
« Last Edit: 24 May 2003, 04:16:58 by Tobruk »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2003, 10:01:50 »
I think they only play automatically in full mission play, can't remember off the top of my head.   Outros appear after the debriefing.    You can of course play them individually in the editor - just select the outro you want and hit Preview.    
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play