Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Hunted rather than the Hunter  (Read 4733 times)

bmgarcangel

Re:The Hunted rather than the Hunter
« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2003, 04:35:02 »
No No No, not that man, we're like using the blackops with Ak-47 putting the ops guy on east side.  The west will be the soldiers running after the blackops/civilian

Noel_From_Ireland

« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2003, 17:57:06 »
Yeah but phantom, if your going to break into a secured barracks, what are you gonna wear? and I mean in real life...

Pure Black clothing with a dull material so it cant reflect of light?

If youve got metal on ya, are you gonna have it coated with a non reflective colour?

A gun thats coated in a non reflective colour, baring in mind that your only there for the laptop and you dont wanna start gunfight at the OK coral in a secured barracks all by yourselve.

Frankly anything other than the above and your just lookin shot mate ^_^

Brendan I found a suitable sound clip for the intro. I had to cut it and stuff and I must say it isnt perfect.. but using the full tune is gonna take space and this particular tune is very difficult to edit.

I am presuming here that you can script sound files so that they can loop within the game

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mplayer/edited.mp3

For anyone interested in where this sound file came from, it was performed by Graeme Revell for the movie "The Negotiator" and the tune is called "Hostage Crisis"

I have extensively edited this file so I think I have avoided copyright laws in doing so. :)

Oh and just name what format you want it in brendan and I will adjust it accordingly

« Last Edit: 25 May 2003, 17:59:49 by Noel_From_Ireland »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2003, 23:53:23 »
Noel, first dude i'm working on finishing one or two OFP things of my own.  I can't work on the intro at the moment, give me 3 or 4 days or a little more and then i'll start working on it.   Whats your email Noel, i'll show you some intros I've made before, and my most recent one too.

Anyways, I might be able to be creative with the music that is already there in the game too you know.

Now is that link you sent me, is that were I get the music dude?  Could I put one or two things there?  If it is your site that is.

Noel_From_Ireland

« Reply #18 on: 26 May 2003, 00:30:16 »
Hiya Brendan, as I said before, take your time, there is no rush.

my email address is

mplayer@ntlworld.com - if your gonna send me emails please put in the subject header.. OFP BRENDAN TO NOEL on all occasions. I get hundreds of spam mail each day and have lost control if it now.

my website is
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mplayer/  

although its only been started and I havent had much time to work on it (its an online portfolio, im a graphics junior)

You will not be able to put stuff in that particular webspace since only customers of NTLworld can access the FTP addresses. I can however set up an FTP from my own hardrive giving you X ammount of space to use. This FTP would not be open all the time however.. I sleep next to the computer u see and its noisy. I think my 600kbs cable provides something like 20kb/s upload rate.

[continued]

Brendan I have opened an account for you on my computer providing 3GB of space to play with. You will need to email me so I can reply with your details and you will need an FTP program to access the area. I will talk more about all this via email though.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2003, 01:01:18 by Noel_From_Ireland »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #19 on: 26 May 2003, 01:50:57 »
got it man.  Anyways, thanks, i'll email you know.  Plus it might be a little longer before i'm able to work on the hunted

Noel_From_Ireland

« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2003, 02:00:34 »
Brendan you have mail... any further discussions can be done inside my computer, we can leave this place for updates concerning the campaigne
« Last Edit: 26 May 2003, 02:01:42 by Noel_From_Ireland »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #21 on: 26 May 2003, 02:03:29 »
alright, talk to you there then

Noel_From_Ireland

« Reply #22 on: 26 May 2003, 02:17:24 »
I just sent you an FTP program via email Brendan. The private messaging thing on here isnt working for me.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #23 on: 26 May 2003, 02:25:00 »
I got an error that said:

Sorry, but you do not meet the requirements for free us of WS_FTP LE.

then it says something else.  what should I do?

bigdog632

« Reply #24 on: 30 May 2003, 07:28:40 »
i dont know if this is any where near related but on the same topic in a mil point of view the movie behind enemy lines would make a neat idea...pilot stuck in enemy territory minimal gear copilot dead(ok the pilot dies navigator lives whatever)  and an army hunting you

no stress there

bmgarcangel

« Reply #25 on: 30 May 2003, 15:50:31 »
try the campaign biggy called

Behind Enemy Lines

Its already been made so ya:)

bigdog632

« Reply #26 on: 01 Jun 2003, 05:29:17 »
ah...ummm(looks around to see if anyone noticed)
might have to check it out

bmgarcangel

« Reply #27 on: 01 Jun 2003, 05:59:43 »
It wasn't made by me, but you can find it at @war :)

Noel_From_Ireland

« Reply #28 on: 02 Jun 2003, 16:00:26 »
I apologize for any lack of communication regarding this campaign lataly brendan, I have unfortunatly come down with food poisoning and only beginning to regain my strength, i will sort the FTP problem out as soon as possible.

Noel

masterofgames

« Reply #29 on: 18 Jun 2003, 00:28:16 »
Rite... take this as an example.

A theft takes place in a military complex. A laptop is stolen destined for some country preferably a country that has mass American military operations being carried out. The laptop contains intellegence, codes, dates, patrols, position of troops, everything..... everything that the local terrorist organisation would like to get its hands on. The person responsible for this theft has not yet left the country and is presumed to be somewhere local. The local police are informed... they begin patrolling the roads all around the area, they patrol the skys in the area with helechopers. A police chopper spots a strange looking individual running in the direction of a forest. That person opens fire on the chopper forcing it to disengage. The police now know where he is and the man hunt begins in a forest.

1 = Criminal must run through the forest while police follow him on foot.. if he stops the police will catch up and take him down, so he cant stop. The criminal must rendevous with a getaway car at the other side of the forest so he has to get there as soon as possible.

2 = Criminal has visual site on getaway car but police chopper engages and riddles it lol oh dear, how sad, nevermind - thats gotta be done cause its so original.

3 = The getaway car explodes smoke fills the air and the criminal is able to slip away into the shadows. The smoke renders the chopper incapable of visually identifying whats going on below.

^ That would be mission one complete....

Mission 2 should be something about the criminal going to a village or town and a special forces unit inserted into that town to kill him and retrieve the laptop. The criminal needs to get out of the village or town and escape.

Mission 3 should be something about the criminal heading to the other country where he wants to sell the laptop.. if its a country like IRAQ then use a desert map (etc). The military are informed that the criminal boarded a particular flight and they alert fighter craft to take the plane down (but of course the criminal parachutes... does a james bond stunt, know what I mean?)

Mission 4: Countdown begins america has little time left to catch him before he finnally redevous with his disired clients a massive grand fanily occurs with even the terrorists getting involved :)

why this? i'd like a idea that he had robbed a bank....