Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Command and Conquer RA2/Generals mod/mission!  (Read 4416 times)

fragsta

Command and Conquer RA2/Generals mod/mission!
« on: 20 May 2003, 22:04:33 »
I am currently making a mission that is based on a mix between RA2 and Generals. Im sure most of u have played at least one of them. It is a mix bcuz it has features from both. Mostly RA2 tho. First i need some help with making a GI kinda person and also I need 2 kno if ne1 knos where 2 get the sound file for "Unit Lost" in RA2 and generals, or ne of the other CNC games. I have already made crates and bunkers.

bigdog632

Re:Command and Conquer RA2/Generals mod/mission!
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2003, 22:11:46 »
with all the games they are trying to copy into the OFP game everyone is gonna get sued lol

bmgarcangel

« Reply #2 on: 22 May 2003, 02:40:00 »
perhaps not sued or something like that, I really don't think it is against copy right laws ( I think )

But Ballistic studios using pictures in there menu from the movie Black Hawk Down could be not legal, you never know, but then again who cares you know

fragsta

« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2003, 20:55:34 »
exactly. But anyway, has anyone got any ideas that could help me with what im doing?!

bmgarcangel

« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2003, 00:03:50 »
I'm just curious, it'll be interesting, the thing you're making, you know, how will Yuri have his powers and how will that brain unit have its powers or the Prisim tank.  You need lots and lots of help.  I played that game a while back and I play it still today.  It would be cool if you can put it into a game in OFP.  But seek help from people who are building things like starwars mods and starship trooper mods, alright man.  Thats were the help will most likely come in.

deaddog

« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2003, 05:47:07 »
You know, all RTS games have some form of resource collection.  C&C has "harvesters", Earth 2150 and Panzer Claws have mines, etc.  A resource producing area can be easily simulated using the oil field tanks from Agent Smith's Industrial Pack.  What's a more natural resource than oil? :)  There is even an addon of a mule head style oilfield pump:

http://opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=365

Too bad it doesn't move.  You could even use existing fuel trucks to "transport" the oil back to the base.

A large warehouse could simulate a vehicle factory.  Vehicles could be created inside and roll out, just like RA2.

There are plenty of addons and original units that could used.  Unless you want a futuristic RTS game, like RA2.

;)

fragsta

« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2003, 18:42:47 »
If only the harrier addon actually did hover. Oh, also I need an A-10 airstrike if anyone knows how I can get a good easy one where you click a button and it works.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2003, 20:55:56 »
This is a RA2 chat like forum so stick to it bucky :)

fragsta

« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2003, 13:24:32 »
This is a RA2 chat like forum so stick to it bucky :)
What do u mean?
Can anyone help me getting the "Unit Lost" or Unit Ready" sounds, or the sound like when u open a crate? Please?

fragsta

« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2003, 15:03:39 »
You know, all RTS games have some form of resource collection.  C&C has "harvesters", Earth 2150 and Panzer Claws have mines, etc.  A resource producing area can be easily simulated using the oil field tanks from Agent Smith's Industrial Pack.  What's a more natural resource than oil? :)  There is even an addon of a mule head style oilfield pump:

http://opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=365

Too bad it doesn't move.  You could even use existing fuel trucks to "transport" the oil back to the base.

A large warehouse could simulate a vehicle factory.  Vehicles could be created inside and roll out, just like RA2.

There are plenty of addons and original units that could used.  Unless you want a futuristic RTS game, like RA2.

;)

I got the oil rig and the Agent_smith's industrial pack with a warehouse. The warehouse I am using as a war factory, but I can't get a tank to pop up outside it when you are near it and press a certain action. I tried out a few scripts I cooked up, but none of them worked properly. Can anyone tell me how to make it so that when I am inside a trigger area, an action will allow me to build an M1A1, and then it will pop up at a marker?
Thanks in advance :)

bmgarcangel

« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2003, 18:34:14 »
talk to the person that created the Kolgujev RTS.  He is really good at what you're looking for.

fragsta

« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2003, 18:41:42 »
OK, who is he? I take it he made the kind that you can buy things with. Thats what I'm looking for except I will implement new things such as sounds and stuff from RA2 and Generals!

bmgarcangel

« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2003, 18:45:49 »
One sec, I have to find the email, so hold one k

bmgarcangel

« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2003, 18:47:11 »
found it:

klee74@hotmail.com

fragsta

« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2003, 18:53:29 »
thanks alot. you'll be the first to get the demo mission when its done. I'm creating a quick one for people to see and say if it is a good idea or not. Thanks again.
Anyone got those sounds yet?

bmgarcangel

« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2003, 19:56:02 »
I have to look dude.  

bmgarcangel

« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2003, 20:00:32 »
found some RA2 sounds.  Here you go.  They have things like radio tranmissions from Tanya and Russian units

http://www.cncgames.com/moviesaudio.shtml

fragsta

« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2003, 21:44:54 »
thanks so much brendan. OMG u r helpin loads. if this mission turns out well, u r at the top of the acknocwledgements list. I duno how u found that, but it was skill!

fragsta

« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2003, 22:06:01 »
Actually do you know where I could find some more sounds. Those were great but I also need a "Unit Lost" EVA sound! PLease does anyone know?!

bmgarcangel

« Reply #19 on: 24 May 2003, 23:07:18 »
I'll get to it.  You know, I played all the C&C games for at least 5 years in a row along with Starcraft.  I still play today.   I'll find out now k.  By the way, did you ever get an answer from that guys email I sent you?

bmgarcangel

« Reply #20 on: 24 May 2003, 23:17:07 »
I don't know if they have any EVA sounds

fragsta

« Reply #21 on: 24 May 2003, 23:20:50 »
I added that guy on MSN and I havent checked if he added me yet, I will do that now, and if he hasnt I will email him. Also, I got a reply from ppl on the scripting board bout makin a tank and it works perfectly now! I will send u a copy of the current siuation if u like. Wots ur email?

fragsta

« Last Edit: 24 May 2003, 23:41:36 by fragsta »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #23 on: 25 May 2003, 00:02:46 »
Ok man, I replyed on you descript.ext thing.  Now, my email is    bmgarcangel@yahoo.com

Now, whats yours?  I can email you that RTS mission.  

fragsta

« Reply #24 on: 25 May 2003, 11:33:54 »
Ok I will send you the mission as soon as I have fixed the description.ext thing. Thanx.

bmgarcangel

« Reply #25 on: 25 May 2003, 23:38:38 »
thanks dude, now you want to see my most recent introduction for a my visnorsk mission pack?

Commando

« Reply #26 on: 04 Jun 2003, 11:30:09 »
I can get you the sounds! I got a special tool at my comp home that can get the audio tracks from c&c 1 to tiberian sun but in ra2 it can only get the music tracks... But I can see what i dig up at home later today.
you got msn?