Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Idea how to make an aircraft carrier  (Read 1259 times)

Stalker

Idea how to make an aircraft carrier
« on: 26 Aug 2002, 17:33:50 »
I know that OFP engine doesn't allows to make trasport ships and AC (aircraft carrier) ships but we CAN do this in another way. We can make a rather big static object which will have the abilities of an airstrip+H. It won't be as interesting as "live" AC but we still can make it moving using the scripts and It won't sink when somebody lands on it. How's the idea ?

Big-Boss

Re:Idea how to make an aircraft carrier
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2002, 19:09:19 »
You do know that an AC would require a HUGE amount of work! It probably wouldn't be worth it in the current engine, as you would need to script steam catapults and stuff, furthermore, the game isn't really made for aircraft, so it really would be pointless. On the other hand, I am looking forward to "Independance lost".

blath

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2002, 19:29:58 »
less need 4 catapults if u do it like the brits- the ski jump!
wots the easiest way 2 get a plane in the sky?- point the end of the runway 2wards the sky!

actually in ofp that wud probs jus make the pane stop and roll backwards :'(
ahh well its jus not gonna happen, i'll jus have 2 go bak 2 shootin americans

buzzboy762

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2002, 04:13:49 »
Even though the game isnt the greatest flight sim, everyone uses choppers(although at higer speeds the engine becomes more realistic). I think it would be really cool to put in like a HUGE AC like rooms and stuff on it, dosnt matter if it moves. It would be cool and open a possibility for a whole bunch of navy planes, possible some of them planes they used in the Doolittle Raids in WWII.

tai mai shu

« Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2002, 04:20:19 »
hmm, but wouldnt the "building" being in the water cause it to blow up??  just a thought, but theres gotta be a way around it, like using a invincibility look, ir doin what they did to make ships workable in the woater.

ofp..hahha

« Reply #5 on: 27 Aug 2002, 05:03:56 »
# 1 we are making a carrier
www.operationnorthstar.com

# 2 I have already made a steamed catapult script
# 3 I am making a friction script right now

# 4 if you make the aircraft carrier as a building it is possible to land on it and do everything on it etc.

#5 It is possible and it has already been done. but not driving

so i hope u enjoy, look forward to it coming out soon

ofp..hahha

« Reply #6 on: 27 Aug 2002, 05:08:52 »
also.....
buildings dont blow up in water try using set pos and see for ur self

tai mai shu

« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2002, 10:24:22 »
ok i was just curious, seeing how water is as deadly in OFP to vehicles and humans, as a mixture of arsenic and lava lol.

Offline Killzone

• Members
  • War is the true Enemy
« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2002, 16:09:52 »
I made a whole base in the water once using the house pier object I put them side by side and next to each other I could land helicopters from it it was even long enough to launch a plane I had buildings on it (using the setpos command) I am new to editing but the house pier held up great)

Killzone
"Everyone dies so deal with it and move on"

ME

SEAL84

« Reply #9 on: 01 Sep 2002, 19:36:43 »
Instead of a full-blown carrier, I'd be satisfied with a Marine asault ship like the USS Iwo Jima - the kind of ship you use choppers and Harriers on.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #10 on: 01 Sep 2002, 21:25:43 »
Yep thats all i want, Harriers, ch53, hueys, Super cobra, and somthing to launch them off, BTW col klink found a way of getting vtol into the game.

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2003, 16:37:49 »
less need 4 catapults if u do it like the brits- the ski jump!
wots the easiest way 2 get a plane in the sky?- point the end of the runway 2wards the sky!

actually in ofp that wud probs jus make the pane stop and roll backwards :'(
ahh well its jus not gonna happen, i'll jus have 2 go bak 2 shootin americans

Actually I have got the Ski-Jumps to work in OFP, heres a piccy just after leavign the ramp...

I thought the plane was actaully going to crash, but the slope is just right to enalbe the plane to alter its angle of ascent.  Just like in real life the planes actaully lose height after this, but have gained just enough height to not go into the sea.

This was an early trials version of Invincible, this has been updated, and Hermes has a ramp with a steeper slope, and its works too.
CBF Shipbuilding