Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Disable AI  (Read 403 times)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Disable AI
« on: 08 May 2003, 04:28:51 »
Ok, here's my problem: I want to be able to make a bunch of units in a group stay EXACTLY where they are, and not move around to engage the enemy. Basically, I want them to stay behind their defenses, instead of moving. However, I still want them to shoot, and they aren't standing still in their spot in formation. Sounds easy, right? Just say disableAI "move". And that's what I did, and it seemed to work, at first. But after I added more attackers, the defenders (whom I want to stay still) started running out from behind their cover, which is maybe 100 meters and up hill from the attackers. They still move even though I disabled their AI!!! Does anyone know a way to stop them no matter what?
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

Harkonin

Re:Disable AI
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2003, 08:55:37 »
Dostop

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2003, 07:37:26 »
The reason your guys are running out is because their leader is telling them to engage known targets... eg:

"5 engage, Bad guy"

So 5 runs out to find and kill Bad guy. Unfortunately, Bad guy's buddies tend to wax 5 before he gets anywhere near his target...

So to stop this from happening, all you need to do is stop the leader issuing target orders, and stop the troops from following any that are issued (say if the leader dies and a new leader is chosen)... So instead of disabling move, try this:

"_x disableAI {TARGET}" foreach units group

Which will stop your guys running out of their position. However they will still engage any units that are directly in their line of fire. This command doesn't stop them shooting, it just stops the 'engage' action ;)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2003, 08:03:51 »
wat he needs is da stop command ;)

"_X stop true" foreach units group

nd wen u want em 2 move + engage again u do

"_X stop false" foreach units group

da prob w/ disableAI is dat it cant b removed (as much as i know ;D)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta