Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC Campaign  (Read 11489 times)

bmgarcangel

Re:OFPEC Campaign
« Reply #60 on: 28 May 2003, 01:44:44 »
*yawn, no one talks here anymore, ah this will wake people up!  ;D :booty:  :D*everyone smiles for some odd reason, now someone please answer my previous post above this >:(  

Thank you  ;)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #61 on: 28 May 2003, 03:02:08 »
You know, your campaign, did it use custom eveything ( aka custom units, vehicles, men, weapons, buildings, etc )?

this was a sore point in the campaign... we strived to make the campaign playable by everyone - including slow connections etc... so we made every effort too keep addon numbers down - all units in the first version of ofp were considered and then through to 1.46 - at the last straw would we use addons, because we knew that a campaign becomes unattractive if you need to download a load of addons.

we used a few though - Chris's polish soldiers, Gimbals' Tossers, and some we made
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

PBA12511

« Reply #62 on: 28 May 2003, 03:30:44 »
Wow, I didnt know my post would get this far, can I hope it becomes sticky ;D  ;) ??? Or is that asking for too much?  :P  ::)
« Last Edit: 28 May 2003, 03:32:29 by PBA12511 »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #63 on: 28 May 2003, 03:33:01 »
ah I see.

Damn, well, you know with my new MOD, i'm going to have to use addons for almost every single thing.  All the units, vehicles, weapons and crap, you know that back in the early 50's having an M16 around would look a little weird  :P :gunman:  :beat:

Iwesshome

« Reply #64 on: 28 May 2003, 05:10:57 »
 :hmm:

bmgarcangel

« Reply #65 on: 28 May 2003, 06:21:08 »
I got my own forum at my site up, just like this sites forum, wana see it go to

http://www.freewebs.com/koreaconflict

Brendan G.

Iwesshome

« Reply #66 on: 28 May 2003, 06:27:38 »
As our friendly "Cookie Monster" would say...

*cough*

Off-Topic

*Cough*

bmgarcangel

« Reply #67 on: 28 May 2003, 06:30:43 »
Iwesshome, you moderators / administrators will always be a pain in the ass ( just joking around dude  ;D  :P )

Iwesshome

« Reply #68 on: 28 May 2003, 06:45:13 »
Oh... I am not worthy of being a moderator and I am blinded by the light of the administrators 8). I am just trying to successfully set an example on the forums.

Since we are talking about addons and campaigns I figured I would throw something out real quick before going off topic.

@ BMGARCANGEL <BrendanG>

- Instead of spending your whole summer trying to create a massive MOD which usually takes months to almost a year with designing everything new... Why don't you use the great addons we have already have to create quality missions for the OFP community?

Noon is right though that unless you plan on creating a massive MOD, try to limit the amount of addons you have. Unless of course you plan on using high quality addons that most OFP personal use.

Example: BAS Delta/Rangers

IW
« Last Edit: 28 May 2003, 06:47:31 by Iwesshome »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #69 on: 28 May 2003, 06:53:21 »
I have no choice dude.  Its a Korean war Mod man.  They don't use M16's then.  Plus I have to make now a new island.  The island will be in the area of
the Chosin Reservoir, were the first battle happened between U.S. and chinese forces.  It will be a winter island.  This is were the campaign ( mod ) will be focused at.  Its not going to be a 3 or 4 week project though, it will take longer.  So don't judge me, I know what i'm getting into and i'm prepared to go into it with my eyes open and my gun at the ready.  Go to my site, you'll see what addons will be made for this

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #70 on: 28 May 2003, 06:56:47 »
Seriously guys,

Last warning.  OFPEC Campaign discussion only.
Next time, we'll be forced to lock the thread...

If you guys need to discuss this, Brendan has new forums that need stressing, or start a new thread in the relevant OFPEC board, discussing the editing help required for the mod.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

bmgarcangel

« Reply #71 on: 28 May 2003, 07:19:50 »
So you've been there Noon :)  you were the guest.  

Ok i'll get back on topic now.  

PBA12511

« Reply #72 on: 29 May 2003, 00:14:17 »
Guys, I dont need the moderators to lock this topic, I can lock it my self with that little 'solved' button at the bottom.  ;D ahh, the power of cheese.
Ok, topic, I think that OFPEC staff should deside if this campaign should be restarted. Why? Because its the OFPEC campaign. So, BMGcarwhatever, Id only start if the OFPEC staff all (yes, all) agree to start it up again.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #73 on: 29 May 2003, 00:38:34 »
oh the wonders of democracy at work.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

bmgarcangel

« Reply #74 on: 29 May 2003, 01:09:44 »
Ah the messiah speaks, the pwoer of democracy.  Yes, I agree with both of you.  I guess.  

No, I agree with PBA only, I think really that it should be restarted again but with the trouble i'm already going through I understand why they disagree.