Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Blood script: excellent  (Read 3680 times)

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
Blood script: excellent
« on: 07 May 2003, 01:04:30 »
I don't know why this hasn't been thought of before:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/resource_view.php?id=497

checkout the blood script. how can we make this a better effect do you think?

line up one of the civies... and let rip. pink mist everywhere ;) the coolest effect yet!
« Last Edit: 07 May 2003, 02:20:04 by snYpir »
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

asmodeus

Re:Blood script: excellent
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2003, 01:47:56 »
Hey snYpir!

Sounds like a cool script!

When I try to get it though, I get forwarded to this address:

http://www.orbitexplorer.com/cgi-bin/dns.cgi?affid=212&bid=

and I get a pop-up ad!!   :o

I'll try it again later, but what do you think of that?

Asmo

*Edit*

I also tried copy and pasting the link and it just gave me a 404 not found page.   ;)

« Last Edit: 07 May 2003, 02:06:27 by Asmodeus »

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2003, 02:21:58 »
hmmm. wierd. i have notified hubba.

i have also entered the correct address in to the first post now ;)

it'll work.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2003, 03:22:14 »
kool ;D

da idea was raised in our (ec) forum som time ago but i never had time 2 do it nd im not dat expiriensed w/ da drop command  ;D but dere is anoder thing u can add - but it wil require som work (not only scriptin)

open da anim editor nd find da OFP death anims ;D - edit em so u can make legs, hands,head etc fly away from da body or u can move em into it nd it wil look like dey expolded ;D it wil b kool ;) (every1 say : i love SOF2 ;D  :o)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2003, 09:07:47 »
you can launch a script for every particle when it is destroyed, right? if we had a blood splat texture (wrapped around an object), we might be able to create droplets on walls or on the grass where each droplet falls.

worth a try?

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2003, 10:57:59 »
Pretty cool, though the fireballs coming from the rockets was a bit overboard. ;D

How about grabbing the velocity of the bullet, so that when a unit gets shot, blood would splatter in the same direction the bullet was traveling?

That would create a nice exit wound effect.
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2003, 13:11:17 »
Thats sort of what it does... i modified it a bit and i think the author re-uploaded it.

The 'hit' eventhandler knows who fired the round, and therefore u can work out where it came from. i then made the velocity of the droplets move away from that direction.

I have been playing around with what i was talking about above - painting a texture where the droplets land. All i need is a blood object (about the same size and shape as the bullet holes when you shoot the ground) and i'll paint the ground red when people get hit... ;)

asmodeus

« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2003, 13:33:59 »
Kick :moon:

!!

This is cool..

As LCD said, we were discussing this very thing a little bit ago...

So.....  I can give it a shot..  :gunman:

A blood object the size of a bullet hole?  Like a small chunk of bloody flesh right?  (sorry if I'm being too graphic  ::))

I should be able to do that...  We'll see.   ;)  

:thumbsup:

Asmo

asmodeus

« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2003, 14:00:51 »
Ok..

I just made this really quick..  Let me know if it's what you had in mind, close to it, or not at all... ;)

Asmo

P.S>  You can find it under:

empty: objects > ASM_Bldchnk  ::)

Attachment deleted, look further down...
« Last Edit: 08 May 2003, 01:52:16 by Asmodeus »

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2003, 22:32:49 »
*takes the chunk of blood and goes off giggling like a schoolgirl*

alright... i'm now on a mission to make the most realistic blood effects ever... ;D

brb

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2003, 23:13:25 »
Just for the sake of completness, you do know there is already a blood object available?  I suspect you need Kegetys editor addon.  

Yes, yes, of course you do.    It's much bigger than a bullet hole though, but it might be more fun if you can use combinations ....
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2003, 23:29:55 »
Alright... the attached example mission shows what i meant. Paint the ground red!

The colours need a little work though... here is the blood splat image from O.pbo:

Notice how the colours are sort of faded? That is the effect we are after. Also, if you have nothing better to do and are sort of feeling like creating blood, could I have:

• Two more sizes (small and medium, the one you have given me would be considered 'large')
  • Perhaps one out-of shape one (like a blood splat stretched along the ground, with the longest side pointing up, if you get me)
  • (this one may be a long shot) If you are feeling up to it, could i have some chunks of red stuff as well? we could randomly make chunks fly off as well, you know ;)

I have renamed the class in the config.cpp file to be 'ASM_Bldchnk' so i can camcreate it.

I would like to put some of the scripts into your pbo as well... but we'll do this last (but people would still be able to define some of the settings via init.sqs of course).

*edit* mac stop reading my mind

:-*
« Last Edit: 07 May 2003, 23:35:03 by snYpir »

asmodeus

« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2003, 23:53:23 »
Sounds good!

Shouldn't be a problem to do that stuff...  And I'll fix up the texture too.   ;D

If you are feeling up to it, could i have some chunks of red stuff as well? we could randomly make chunks fly off as well, you know

What do you mean "chunks of red", exactly?  (I thought that's what we were already doing)   ;)

I would like to put some of the scripts into your pbo as well... but we'll do this last (but people would still be able to define some of the settings via init.sqs of course).

COol!   8)  I take it you want all of these bloodchunks and splats in the same .pbo?  (dumb question, but I like to make sure)   ;)

Asmo

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #13 on: 08 May 2003, 01:12:15 »
Splat = 2dish sort of object that looks like a blood splat
Chunk = 3d object that looks like a chunk of flesh, fairly small, probaly about half the size of an arm. Should be sort of jagged (not curved edges).

All in the same ASM pbo, yes please. We'll release it under your pbo tag, that is fine by me (you are doing the hard work!)

I will refine the scripts, and i also want to add more pint mist to go with the bigger particles.

asmodeus

« Reply #14 on: 08 May 2003, 01:47:02 »
Arrrrrghh!!!   I just typed a whole thing and it was lost cause I didn't rename the zip!   >:(  (and this time I didn't back up my post before I posted it)   ::)

Ok..

I'm not sure if I got the bloodsplat correct, let me know what you think.

I also made the textures darker...

The "chunk" should be doable.. Will be interesting.   ;)

Also, I'm ashamed to admit that I couldn't quite get the .cpp correct to have all of them in the same .pbo... So I zipped them all up for now.  The texture paths for all the .p3d's go through the original ASM_Bldchnk path.   ;)

I checked out the most recent one and it's looking great!  Can't wait to see all these different sizes in there!   :)  

Not to mention the body chunks that we'll have flying around!   ;D

I wonder.. Is there a way to detect if the unlucky person gets hit by a rocket?  Then we could really make them explode!   :o   :D   :)

I think that's all I typed last time...  Let me know what you think of this!

Oh yeah.. there's more..  

We'll release it under your pbo tag, that is fine by me (you are doing the hard work!)

lol  Sounds fine..  I don't feel as if I'm doing the hard work though.. Guess it depends on who you are..  For me the scripting part is the difficult side of this.   ;)  

I look forward to seeing the scripts after you refine them some more!   ;D

Asmo
:toocool:

*edit*

I knew I forgot something..   ::)

Included in the zip:

ASM_Bldchnk.pbo    (large)
ASM_Bldchnk2.pbo  (medium)
ASM_Bldchnk3.pbo  (small)
ASM_Bldsplat.pbo   (first attempt.. might need to be more flat on 1 side)
« Last Edit: 08 May 2003, 01:49:09 by Asmodeus »